Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Scale Models

F4B changes

(1/3) > >>

Allen Goff:
Just in. The FAI Ciam committee has approved the use of 2.4GHz for operational control and stand-off static judging for FAI F4B.
Printed rules book will be out soon. More information as we get it. :)! :)! #^ #^
Blessings

Fred Cronenwett:
 The guys flying Europe will love it, they have been working with the down the line systems for too long! It's normal for us here in the USA but outside of the USA they had to use down the line....

Fred

Fred Cronenwett:
I was messaging a CL scale pilot in the UK and he tells me that the UK and French rules had allowed 2.4 Ghz since 2017. Nice to see that the FAI has caught up with the AMA, Uk and French rules.

Will Hinton:
I don't know why that would be, Paul, during the past 12 or so years I have judged c/l scale at the nats I have seen plenty of retracts in use.  If you can build a c/l scale model, you can conquer retracts.

Fred Cronenwett:
this goes with any scale model regardless of what class it's entered in you want the model to be able to get all of the options in. Flaps count as one option and add to the realism. retracts when they work have a definite cool factor and count as two options in Sport scale. it depends if you want to do flying options or have more mechanical options. The mechanical options are not always easy as they look, retracts are a royal pain to get working right pilots earn all of the 2 options they are worth.

Some judges know how the retracts work on the P-51 and P-47 on the full size aircraft, some do not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version