News:

• May 03, 2024, 04:52:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eindecker EIII  (Read 725 times)

Dwayne

• Trade Count: (0)
Eindecker EIII
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »
Some shots of my Eindecker EIII I built it from a kit I'm happy with it all but the tissue as it didn't shrink well on the wings but what the heck live and learn. It's powered by a Testors 049 and a APC prop.
It is my first time covering ribbed wings with tissue so any advise would be greatly appresiated, still all in all I think it came out nice.
Thanks

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: Eindecker EIII
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
Looks nice!  :) What kit? Was tissue this color or doped?

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Dwayne

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:28:52 PM »
Looks nice!  :) What kit? Was tissue this color or doped?

Robert

Thanks Robert  The kit is from Aero Graphics and the tissue was painted and sprayed with Krylon crystal clear not doped wich I'm guessing is the problem.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:46:56 AM by Dwayne Donnelly »

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »
I had a problem that was similar and I was able to save it by putting several coats of clear dope over it. The wrinkles that might be left over solid areas like the leading edge can be cut open and cemented down with either tube type cement or Elmer's.

I hope that helps.
Larry
Black Hawk Models

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:31 AM »
I have submitted a proposed set of 1/2A Scale rules to the Toronto Balsa Beavers , of which I am now a card carrying member.  If approved without too much amendment, your model should be eligible to compete.

My rules include pretty much anything powered by one or two .049's or any number of engines with a total displacement up to .10.

Chris Brownhill, master and commander, has given me positive feedback.  Last year's event included a profile requirement which I now propose to delete.  This opens the door to your plane and Black Hawk hollow logs.

PS: The club is now being subjected to a user fee by the City of Toronto.  I invite anybody who wants to fly at Centennial Park to add you name and money (30 loons) to the club and help keep this great venue.
Paul Smith

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
OK Paul
I'll bite. 
What is "30 loons?"

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline John Witt

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 04:26:21 PM »
A loon, or as it is called in the BC area, a looney, is a Canadian $1 coin. It has a picture of a loon on one side. A $2 coin is called a tooney

I love to visit Canada. They are like us, but have a different spin. It's great.

John W
John Witt
AMA 19892
Edmonds, WA
"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Dwayne

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 04:57:08 AM »
I have submitted a proposed set of 1/2A Scale rules to the Toronto Balsa Beavers , of which I am now a card carrying member.  If approved without too much amendment, your model should be eligible to compete.

My rules include pretty much anything powered by one or two .049's or any number of engines with a total displacement up to .10.

Chris Brownhill, master and commander, has given me positive feedback.  Last year's event included a profile requirement which I now propose to delete.  This opens the door to your plane and Black Hawk hollow logs.

PS: The club is now being subjected to a user fee by the City of Toronto.  I invite anybody who wants to fly at Centennial Park to add you name and money (30 loons) to the club and help keep this great venue.

That's good news Paul if your proposal goes throgh I'll be there, how do I join your club?
Thanks
Dwayne

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »
OK Paul
I'll bite. 
What is "30 loons?"

Clancy

Unfortunately, a little more than 30 dollars at the moment.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »
That's good news Paul if your proposal goes throgh I'll be there, how do I join your club?
Thanks
Dwayne

http://www.balsabeavers.ca/

This site should give you the info you need, and a lot of other good stuff, too.
Paul Smith

Offline Neville Legg

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »
Have you tried heating the tissue with a solafilm iron? start off with a low temp. and work it up! It might work, it worked on a model I had.

Cheers     Neville
"I think, therefore I have problems"

(not) Descartes

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here