News:

• April 23, 2024, 02:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Control-line Scale Fly-In in Switzerland  (Read 826 times)

Offline Peter Germann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Control-line Scale Fly-In in Switzerland
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:22:57 AM »
October 2007, Switzerland: C/L Scale Fly-In

Flying his aircraft with own hands, what could be more rewarding for the scale aeromodelling enthusiast? Actually feeling the engine and guiding the aircraft in flight is probably as close as you can get to the vibrations of a Rolls-Royce Merlin.

In an attempt to promote the building and flying of control-line scale models, the swiss c/l community invites builders and flyers of F4B and semi-scale c/l model airplanes to join a fly-in in Switzerland.

Event
Informal meeting of c/l scale enthusiasts

Date
October 6 and 7, 2007

Purpose and program
Meet new friends, share knowledge among experts, present projects and fly together

Site
Dedicated control line site Hard 2000, located in Untersiggenthal, Switzerland, some 25 Km from Zurich. The site has a hard surface circle allowing a max. cable length of 21.5 m.

Please inquire with George Biber at bige@swissonline.ch or phone +41 (0) 44 941 46 29, for details regarding registration and do not hesitate to suggest own contributions and/or recommendations on how to add value to the event.
Peter Germann

Alan Hahn

Re: Control-line Scale Fly-In in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:47:11 PM »
That's interesting. I use to live in Brugg, not far from there when I was working at the Swiss Institute for Nuclear Research in Villigen (now the Paul Scherrer Institut) way back a long time ago!
We have collaborators at PSI and occasionally fly into Zurich and visit them before continuing on to CERN in Geneva.

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:55:53 AM »
Excellent, Alan. The site is located on the other side of Stilli village, not far from the big concrete plant with the tall red/white marked chimney. Coordinates are 47°30'52" North and  8°14'06" East. Its less than 10 minutes from Villigen and there is, weather permitting, flying going on on most weekends April - October. Please send me a message when over here next time.

Peter Germann

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:13:35 AM »
Peter,
Sure will.
Just flew into Geneva a few moments ago. I won't make it to the Zurich area this time, but we will probably have some meetings at PSI in the next 6 months.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here