News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:47:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HOF for C/L scale  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
HOF for C/L scale
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Ladies & Gentlemen;

Controline scale will be starting a "Hall of Fame" for our past and present men and women participant of C/L Scale.
Nominees should have their biography presented to the HOF board for evaluation. There is a criteria set in place and the board will evaluate on those guild lines. 

Board members;
John Brodak
Fred Cronenwett
Allen Goff
Will Hinton
Jeff Hitchcock
Richard Schneider
Keith Trostle

Applications / nominees for induction into the HOF should be sent to one of the above members or to fcm95@comcast.net
Time frame for nominees will be from Aug.1 to Jan 31. Announcement of inductees will be presented at the U S Nationals C/L scale banquet in July.

Many times I have been to the AMA museum and have noticed there is a "HOF" plaque on display for most modeling events but not C/L scale. After talking with many people in our disciple the opinions of all was "we need to remember those before us and the ones who have and are now making a contribution to C/L scale today".

Brodak mfg is in the process of designing the plaque that will be displayed at the AMA museum. Names will be engraved on it each year there is an induction. Recipients will also receive a very nice framed certificate at the banquet.

Last thing, the cost of this large plaque will have a price tag, approximately $300.00. Donations can be sent to  the address below
 (footnote you donation "HOF"). As I am the creator of this project I will make the first donation, that $25.00 is on the way.

Brodak mfg.
Tower One
100 Park Ave.
Carmichaels, PA. 15320

Blessings
Allen

If you have any question; fcm95@comcast.net
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:52:28 AM by Allen Goff »

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
Re: HOF for C/L scale
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »
Greetings!  I love the idea and will definitely  support the concept.  But, I would like to find out a bit more.  I suspect there are a number of "closet" scale/semi-scale builders, like myself, who have never had the opportunity ( due to poor flying skill, "life" issues, scheduling, etceteras) to participate in NASA, NAT's or other AMA contests.  What would be the criteria for submission: i.e. win/place at some event, builder of the model versus buyer/owner of the model, if the plane flew can there be a proxy pilot?  What if the plane has never been flown, for what ever reason, but has been seen/shown by local club members at a local event?   I hope my questions are not taken as those of a naysayer because that is not the intent.  I'm just seeking a bit more related to the criteria for selection.  Thank you for your patience.

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »
Jim, I was going to send you a PM but I'll try to answer your questions here. (I'm hoping this subject stays on course).

A nominee for HOF should be someone with some time involved in c/l scale; builder / designer, competitor, judge and just there overall contribution to the c/l scale discipline.

As I have only been involved in c/l scale for 20 years I know there are some many years prior to this that needs to be on the HOF plaque.
Some who have passed away needs to be there for the ground breaking c/l scale models they designed.

Placing in contest, nationals and international is not a must but it will add to there credentials for consideration.
Nominee should be endorsed by someone other than themselves.
I can not list everything that needs to be but just to say there biography will tell the board what we need for there induction.

Hope this helps.
Blessings
Allen

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »
Great idea and thanks for your and others involved work towards this, some fine modelers have come and gone in this event and they deserve recognition and this will keep those of us current involved in their designs and achievements.
Chris...

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
There is no way anyone could not nominate the late Tom Dean, whose '50s-era "Aeronca Crop Duster" set the standard at the Nats.  Featuring full-scale internal construction, it was a true work of art.  The remains of that shining example are currently stored at Brodak's museum.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:12 PM »
Greetings!  Allen, I truly appreciate your thoughtful response and I concur with your summary.  Thank you.

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
I had to bump this up for this reason...............I talked with John Brodak last night and we talked about many things concerning scale but the one item I wanted to bring up was the fact that only two (2) donations for the HOF plaque has been made, so sad. Well it's going to happen weather anyone shares in it or not. Set & twiddle..................

Allen

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »
Dave Platt comes to mind - master of "illusion" scale both C/L & R.C.
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »
Allen, just now saw this, put me down for 25 bucks.  I'll reimburse you at Toledo?  Or just owe it to you for a really long time?
There are names I want to put down, but don't have the needed contacts and information to write a good, comprehensive bio.  I'll do some research.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 09:52:12 AM »
got-er-done.  n~

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 10:44:42 AM »
If one wanted to donate to the Scale Hall of Fame how would one go about it?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »
John, pm sent.

blessings
Allen