News:

• April 30, 2024, 11:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Check out MA & Bill Boss'es artical.  (Read 585 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
Check out MA & Bill Boss'es artical.
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »
Bill Boss did a fine job on C/L scale in the new issue of Model Aviation, check it out. y1

Blessings
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Check out MA & Bill Boss'es artical.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:27:27 AM »
Bill Boss did a fine job on C/L scale in the new issue of Model Aviation, check it out. y1

Blessings
Allen

Let me also say that Allen Goff did a great job providing the information that was in Bill Boss' article.  Back in my younger days I did a little writing for RC Car Action.  Mostly product review.  Trust me when I say it is hard to find interesting stuff, 12 times a year, to write about.  I realize Bill's article only occurs 6 times a year but it is still a challenge to keep it fresh.  I am sure he appreciates any and all input he can get from us.  His column is one of the few that is presented to the general modeling public, affording exposure that will help control-line scale grow. So I would suggest we support Bill with lots of input.  The more input he gets the better he can serve us with great articles!

Needless to say I enjoyed 2011 FCM scale contest.  The FCM is well run, well attended, well judged, and very inexpensive.  Finishing 2nd and 4th in the two events I flew may have something to do with my enthusiasm for the FCM, (could be - who knows for sure  LL~)

Also of note was Bill's presentation of the 1/2A Scale Rules for the 2012 NATS.  As most of you know I am building a 1/2 twin for this contest.  In talking to Allen it is my understanding that the FCM has also addopted the new rules and will be offering 1/2A Scale at the FCM 2012.  All good stuff! you snow birds - its building season - doesn't take a lot to build a 1/2A scale.  If you are looking for what to build, cruse the 1/2A section of Stunt Hanger.  Lots of good info on the art of 1/2A

PS attached is my EXTRA 300S - 2nd in fun scale (Photo by Grant Hiestand)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:14:28 PM by John Rist »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: Check out MA & Bill Boss'es artical.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »
Great coverage of the event, like John said the contest is worth the drive. What surprised me is how many folks enter fun scale.  Take a scale ARF and get it flying, bring some documentation and come out and have a good time. There are events for all types and levels of competition.

The 1/2A events should prove to be interesting, especially the 1/2a Multi-engine models, it's a challenge  keeping 2 or of the 1/2a's going!

Land sofly,
Fred Cronenwett
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here