News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:22:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can "callers" talk to the pilot during an official flight.  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Hemi Steve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
The scale competition rules say that a competitor can use use a caller (the flight judges must be notified and approve) during an official flight and that the caller can stand with the contestant in the circle or outside of the circle within hearing of the judges.  If the caller is inside of the circle next to the pilot , can he talk to the pilot to remind him of the requirements of a maneuver to be judged?

Steve

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: Can "callers" talk to the pilot during an official flight.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 09:08:35 PM »
thats what he is there for H^^
rad racer

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 07:35:59 AM »
thats what he is there for H^^
Well said.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Hemi Steve

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:49:20 AM »
K thanks :)!
Steve

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:14:48 PM »
if u are going to use a caller .don't just stick a scrap of paper with the maneuvers on it in someones hand  and expect all to go well . u need to be a well oiled team.pick a buddy that u fly with before your flight get together and work out where u want him to sit and when u want him to call the next maneuver ,he should be getting ready to give u the next as u are finishing up the one u are doing and so on than u can concentrate on the flying,hope this Helps RAD
rad racer

Offline Hemi Steve

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 09:02:34 AM »
Thanks all. We are trying to be as prepared as possible and not make a big "assumption" mistake.  I've written scripts for the flying portion of the competition and we're practicing with their use.

Steve

Offline Pete Bauer

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 05:39:57 PM »
if u are going to use a caller .don't just stick a scrap of paper with the maneuvers on it in someones hand  and expect all to go well . u need to be a well oiled team.pick a buddy that u fly with before your flight get together and work out where u want him to sit and when u want him to call the next maneuver ,he should be getting ready to give u the next as u are finishing up the one u are doing and so on than u can concentrate on the flying,hope this Helps RAD

As Bob stated, I highly recommend writing out a script and practicing with your caller.  My wife Kathy usually calls for me and YES we practice beforehand.  If she is not there, my flights are not nearly as smooth.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here