News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:29:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bucker Jungmeister 1/4 scale  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Jim Kraft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • AMA78415
Bucker Jungmeister 1/4 scale
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:54:14 PM »
Hi Guys; I have this 65" Bucker Jungmeister I built for R/C, but am thinking of converting it to controline. I know this has been done with models this big, but don't know what to use for a control system. The three line unit I have seems a little wimpy for a model of this size. I am guessing it will weigh in the 10 to 11 pound range with an OS 90 four stroke. What size lines, and what length would you use on such a model? Any and all help appreciated.
Jim Kraft

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
Re: Bucker Jungmeister 1/4 scale
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »
That's a beauty, Jim.

Seems a shame to waste it as an R/C model! Good idea to make her a control line scale model.
I think the Brodak three line bellcrank seems more robust than the old J. Roberts type. I think it'll handle a 55 lbs pull test. You might want to look into the "electric signal down the insulated wire" type set-up. You can use a stunt bellcrank and the fuse has a ton of room for a throttle servo, etc.

Chris...

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:43 AM »
Cyclone
Recomend you look at my U/Tronics Controls in the Vendors Corner.  A big advantage of electronic throttle is that you still have control when the lines go slack.

The line size required is .027 dia. and the length is 60 to 70 feet. 

Brodak is now stocking insulated lines. 

Clancy

Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:09:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply's guys. I think the 3-line bellcrank I have would be OK, it is the cables on the handle that don't look strong enough. Looks like .027" cable, with no eyelets on either end. I also have two JR Century Seven radios with direct servo controllers that I could use with insulated wire, but having everything on the handle like yours would be really cool.
Jim Kraft

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here