News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:18:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Speed Six lettering  (Read 1114 times)

Dwayne

• Trade Count: (0)
Brodak Speed Six lettering
« on: December 09, 2018, 08:57:18 AM »
Hi all, I bought a Brodak Speed Six to try some fun profile scale events, now correct me if I'm wrong but on scale plans should there not be an outline of the lettering? These plans do not, so does anyone know how to determine what size or know what size they are?
Thanks
Dwayne

Dwayne

Re: Brodak Speed Six lettering
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 01:38:28 PM »
Well this is a little embarrassing,  we have a letter guy in the RC club I've belonged to for oh about 30 years, completely forgot...lol Oops  n~ <=

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »
This is the first I've ever heard of such an aircraft.  But a quick Dogpile search revealed that the ACTUAL PROTOTYPE of the Brodak kit is displayed at an air museum in Maidenhead, Birkshire. 

If I intended to compete with that model I would get some firsthand photos and take Theresa May to tea while I was I was in town.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:35:15 AM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »
Aircraft Documentation Services at

www.airdoc.biz

has good 3-views of the Miles Hawk Speed 6 racing aircraft.  He also has a color photo package, 8 photos, showing a dark blue and cream color scheme.   these will show the registration lettering - G-ADGP, and the racing number 8.   

If you are serious about making a decent scale model, these packages are a good investment.

Keith
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:06:26 PM by Trostle »

Dwayne

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 06:35:16 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I sent an e-mail to John and he is sending me (free) the outlines for the letters, outstanding service as always!  y1 #^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here