News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AG Cat Duster.  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
AG Cat Duster.
« on: May 25, 2018, 11:33:11 AM »
For anyone interested in scale or semi-scale,

I've placed a few more photos of my Ag Cat Duster, the Build over at CFC Graphics vendor's corner.

Take a look!

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AG Cat Duster.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
If that's your model you will get good static points.
Paul Smith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »

Good one.

Do you think anyone really understands what you're implying?  LL~ LL~
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 06:38:51 AM »
All things considered,

Cleaning spent fuel is going to be a pain with two wings and the Jen .57.

I'm considering switching over to Electric while I'm in the early stages of the build.

Maybe.

CB

Edited for photo.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:45:04 AM by Avaiojet »

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »
All things considered,

Cleaning spent fuel is going to be a pain with two wings and the Jen .57.

I'm considering switching over to Electric while I'm in the early stages of the build.

Maybe.

CB

Edited for photo.

You haven't had to wipe down an airplane yet, so why would this one be any different?
  Just askin'.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 03:36:07 AM »
The ease of throttle control alone makes electric scale a good deal!  Wet RC engines run great wide open and have a good idle but tend to load up and quit at mid range.  A dead engine in the middle of a flight is a zero score.  Ask me how I know.   y1
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »

Zooming into photo shows the tie-downs, so it must be the real thing, unless you modeled them too.

One real deal-breaker is the uncowled radial engine.  Thar would take a lot of work for very little payback.
Paul Smith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
Zooming into photo shows the tie-downs, so it must be the real thing, unless you modeled them too.

One real deal-breaker is the uncowled radial engine.  Thar would take a lot of work for very little payback.

John,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I believe I'll go electric not only for clean up but because biplanes generally need a bit of weight in the nose.

I've never had an R/C engine act up. Carb always worked well if adjusted properly.

Paul,

I really don't know how to reply to you, you can understand that, I'm sure.

Yes, I've owned a few aircraft over my GA participation years, last being a Lake LA-4 200T.

Berkeley actually made a kit of this aircraft, so did a few others.

The engine will be an issue. At the time I'm not sure how I'll treat this because there's so much of it showing?

Some of these dusters had cowling rings. An option.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 06:19:10 AM »
Our Ag Cats down here dont use Radials. In-lines with a cowl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 06:47:51 AM »
Our Ag Cats down here dont use Radials. In-lines with a cowl.

James,

This particular Grumman aircraft I'm modeling was built in the early 70's. A guess.

Many have engine upgrades and both types are still in use today.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 06:48:29 AM »
Thsts the ones we have yep

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »
Free Flight scale gives A LOT of complexity points for things like biplanes, multi-engine and pushers.

CL scale has none of that.  They don't give anything for complexity, but take off points for things that aren't quite right.  So in the CL scale contest world, simple wins.
Paul Smith

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
Those "in line" engines are tubines.  Notice the huge exhaust pipe exiting the cowl.  We went to those way back in the late '70's just before I had to leave the ag business.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 09:12:23 AM »
Those "in line" engines are tubines.  Notice the huge exhaust pipe exiting the cowl.  We went to those way back in the late '70's just before I had to leave the ag business.

"Good" Will Hinton,

Will!

Thanks for the reply.   #^

I have this model started also. One of the reasons I want to keep that radial.

Charles

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »
Wow, on floats?  I bet that could become a real bear if loaded heavy on a high density altitude day!  Never saw one like that.  Thanks for posting, Charles.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »
Wow, on floats?  I bet that could become a real bear if loaded heavy on a high density altitude day!  Never saw one like that.  Thanks for posting, Charles.

"Good" Will Hinton.

Will, I just saw your reply.

You know I have interest in unusual designs.

Thicker wing and a longer take off run, like scale, and the model will fly just fine.

It does have wheels under those floats, so tarmac flying will be possible.

I have to sell some models to continue with current projects.

Thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 07:37:34 AM »
They use ag-planes on ampib floats for forest fire fighting.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »
They use ag-planes on ampib floats for forest fire fighting.

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes they do. One aircraft is the Fire Boss which I have a build thread on.

The Fire Boss is on floats.  Check out the Fire Boss build.

Charles

I added the link.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/air-tractor-at-802-fireboss!/

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:01:07 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 08:16:04 PM »
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the link.

It looks quite interesting and I’ll have to explore it in detail when I get a bit more time available.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here