News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:13:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2022 Control Line Scale NATS  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Pete Bauer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
2022 Control Line Scale NATS
« on: February 06, 2022, 12:42:04 PM »
The AMA is mailing a hardcopy of this note to folks who have previously participated in the Control Line Scale Nationals.  Regular updates like this will be provided, leading up to the 2022 NATS.

Control Line Scale will take place July 15, 2022 through July 17, 2022 at the AMA site in Muncie Indiana.  Events will include:
•   509 Sport Scale
•   521 Profile Scale
•   526 Fun Scale
•   527 Team Scale
•   529 1/2A Scale
•   FAI F4B Control Line Scale - Note that FAI F4B will be flown instead of 528 Authentic Scale.

Make sure that you review / understand the latest Control Line Scale Rules (2022-2023).  Go to the AMA link to review the rules. The F4B rules are presently under revision and will be available soon.  Note that the F4B link does NOT yet include the revisions to 1) allow the use of 2.4 GHz radio control signals through the air for functions other than pitch control; and 2) all static judging to take place at a distance of 5m (16.4 ft) - no "close-up" judging.

NATS Schedule
Friday July 15th (site #4 - see AMA site map)
8:00am - begin model check-in
9:00am - begin static judging
10:30am - model check-in closes.  You must check in before this time.

Friday July 15th (AMA 2nd floor conference room)
8:00pm - FAI F4 Q&A meeting with Stan Alexander (previous F4H head judge), Jack Buckley (previous F4C team member), Richard Schneider (previous F4B pilot, team manager and judge).  The discussion will cover the rules for the US team trials in 2023 and what to expect for the 2024 World Championships in Romania. This will be for both R/C and C/L scale.  If you plan to attend this meeting, you must review the FAI rules beforehand.

Saturday July 16th (site #6 - see AMA site map)
7:30am - pilot's meeting
7:45am - first flights in both circles.  Note your planes must be assembled / ready to fly by 7:45am.
The plan is to fly 2 rounds on Saturday, weather permitting. 
7:30pm -NASA banquet & scale Hall of Fame induction for both R/C & C/L.

Sunday July 17th (site #6)
7:30am - pilot's meeting
7:45am - first flights in both circles.  Note your planes must be assembled / ready to fly by 7:45am.
The plan is to fly 2 rounds on Sunday, weather permitting.  The awards ceremony will take place after scores are tabulated.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have questions.  Additional updates will be provided as details are finalized.  Good flying to all. As to last year’s weather situation it will be your responsibility to keep up with any schedule changes.

C/L Scale event directors;
Pete Bauer (junkpeterjunk@gmail.com) and Allen Goff (fcm95@comcast.net)

Please pre-register, our trophy count depends on registration numbers by a certain date. Late entries do not count for awards paid for by AMA. Don’t forget your banquet tickets.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: 2022 Control Line Scale NATS
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
site map in PDF format
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Pete Bauer

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 03:51:58 PM »
One more thing....  Send me your email address if you want to receive the updates directly, instead of through this forum.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 02:08:13 PM »
I know that some pilots like Ed Mason do not have ready access to E-mail or stunthanger so for those pilots they will have to recieve a hard copy in the mail or when they register. I am going to print this out for him and mail it to him.

What if NASA printed up the information like this and made it available when people pick up their badges?

I would hope that the AMA could provide the E-mail address or mailing address for the people who register for the Nats. Have a signup sheet when people check-in at static with a telephone number and E-mail and if they want to recieve a text message or an E-mail. I use both on my smart phone but some barely have a basic cell phone.

We have club members in the Lafayette Esquadrille that do not have a computer or a smart phone that can recieve E-mails and texts. So for those members I have to mail them a hardcopy of the club minutes. everyone else gets a PDF via E-mail.

Fred Cronenwett
clscale7@gmail.com
text me at 316-680-1515
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 05:58:13 AM »
This has already been addressed. AMA will be mailing this schedule out to everyone that has competed in the last ten years. ( in c/l scale )

Advertise Here
Tags: 2022 nats 

Advertise Here