News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ToykoMokei Mfg. B50 SuperFortress Kit  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ToykoMokei Mfg. B50 SuperFortress Kit
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »
A few weeks ago while flying stunt at the field I was approached by one of the R/C guys (I'm one as well) about a friend of his that is moving and had to get rid of some C/L kits he'd been sitting on for over 50 years. The deal was that he'd give the kits away,but they were to be built not end up on Ebay or sold. I gave the fellow my phone # and said that I would be interested or find other modelers who have an interest. Long story short,I get a call today from the guy and he wants me to come up and get all of them except for one. The kits included a Twin Beechcraft,P38 Lightning,DC3,an Invader,and the SuperFortress. The one kit that he wanted to keep was a Super Constellation.

The kit boxes were in rough shape,but all of the contents were pristine.I called my airplane buddies and all of the kits were eagerly accepted. I kept the B50 Super Fortress.
Have any of you guys ever seen this particular model finished and flown? It's got a 72" ws. These kits looked very much like M Kato/ Royal Kits from years ago.Looks like I've got a scale project ahead of me.....PhillySkip

Offline George Waters

• Lieutenant
Re: ToykoMokei Mfg. B50 SuperFortress Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »

Skip  I have one of those B50 kits and aC47 kit that I brought back from
Viet Nam. I have not built either but while in country I did fly ac47 that a friend got from a guy going home.
I flew it with 2 os 15III motors. No stunts,it took most of one lap to get airborne but flew ok otherwise as I recall.
The B50 kit I have has an 84 inch wingspan,I hope to build it before I get too old to be able to fly it.

George

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ToykoMokei Mfg. B50 SuperFortress Kit
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:16:44 PM »
Good to hear from you. I'm pretty sure the kit I have is 72" .Hopefully I'll get to build it one of these days.PhillySkip

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here