News:

• April 19, 2024, 10:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2015 Nats. MEMO #1, #2. #3.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
2015 Nats. MEMO #1, #2. #3.
« on: November 14, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »
  This will be an ongoing tread for updated information only, for the 2015 C/L Scale National.  
Any questions send me a pm at; fcm95@comcast.net

Dates; July 17th-19th, 2015

Event directors; John Brodak, Allen Goff.

Official events being offered;
509 CL Sport Scale        (J&S)(O)
521 CL Profile Scale       (J&S)(O)
526 CL Fun Scale           (JSO)
527 CL Team Scale        (JSO)
528 CL Authentic Scale  (JSO)
529 CL ˝ A Scale          (JSO)

Make your registration early or it will cost you an extra $50.00 (late fee) and your entry will not count towards the number of awards for those classes you enter.

1/2A is an AMA official event now so you must register for this event too. You will not be able to register for this event the day of static like in past years.
More later.

Blessings
Allen
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:26:10 PM by Allen Goff »

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
Re: 2015 Nats. MEMO #1
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
MEMO #2.  D>K

Talking today with Tony Stillman at AMA he said he will be posting the entire rules for competition on the AMA web site this Fri.. There will NOT be a hard copy of this any longer. As for C/L Scale you need to read and familiarize yourself with the updated rules.
The section highlighted below is to help you for the coming 2015 "Nats".

Static judging.
a. A drawing, (line, tone or color) of the full-scale aircraft which is being modeled. This “three-view” drawing must show, at a minimum, a plan, side and end view of the full-scale aircraft. Additional views, both top and bottom plan views, both side views, etc., can be included.

The reason for posting is to let you know you will be judged by the rule above, if you show more views it may hurt rather than help your score.
Remember, don't give the judges more information than absolutely needed. If you did not scale it, don't show it.  
Merry Christmas everyone.

Blessings
Allen
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:29:21 PM by Allen Goff »

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: 2015 Nats. MEMO #1, #2.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
The updated CL scale Rules have been posted on the AMA website, print them out and read them before you attend your next contest. Also be aware that the line diameters have changed.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/compreg.aspx

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
Re: 2015 Nats. MEMO #1, #2. #3.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »
 D>K John Brodak once again is sponsoring the "High Static" awards for 1/2A, Sport, Profile, Authentic and Team scale.
John will offer a $150.00 gift certificate for Brodak models for "registered 1/2A'" pilots only.
So far John and FCM will support the C/L scale raffle drawing. (maybe more later)
Judges, pit boss and tabulators for 2015 will be the same as last year with the exception of Will Hinton. I'll miss your help Will.
Remember two items; READ THE REVISED 2015/16 RULES & REGISTER EARLY. we need the head count by a certain date for the awards.
More later.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
Re: 2015 Nats. MEMO #1, #2. #3.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
Thank you, Allen.  I will miss being there in the mix, it has truly been a joy to be involved.  Once Donna and I get through this hurdle we're climbing, maybe I'll finally finish a Tri-Pacer and get involved on the other side of scale.
(I said MAYBE!)
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here