News:

• May 03, 2024, 01:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Done it again!  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Done it again!
« on: July 06, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »
Oh........my gosh!

I went and did it again.

25 pieces and counting.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
Re: Done it again!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
With your skill for little details, if you don't start competing in c/l scale I'm gonna haunt your dreams!
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:26:34 PM »
Charlie, I agree with Will, you would fit in very well in scale competition.
Excellent craftsmanship on this project.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »
Allen, Will,

Thanks for the reply.

You're being overly kind, but thank you for that.

The likes of what I do, cut photo paper for straps and a few bent paper clips, is a far cry from what it takes to compete in Scale compitition.

The Veterans, of scale compitition, know exactly of what I speak.

Look at Allen's recent project and look at some of the models that have placed over the years.

Built by the best scale modelers. H^^

I for one know I'm not in that league and I don't pretend to be.

I do my thing, but it's a step far from beliving I can compete with those at that level.

Takes a bit more than paper clips and paper.  LL~

Hap hazard or get lucky and stand way way off scale, I may have a slight chance.  n~

Thanks again for the complement and the reply.

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
Great looking seat.  They don't get up close and use a magnifying glass.  You have more than enough detail for top marks.  One thing - you need a PILOT to get legal in all events.
Paul Smith

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
You don't give yourself enough credit, if you can make a model fly with the CL scale flight options when you just add surface and cockpit detail until the model looks like the full size aircraft. Remember that every event is judged from 15 feet except for Authentic scale which is judged up close. This means that the very small details you sometimes can't see, and the cockpit is not judged in Sport scale.

Build the model to match your 3-view and documentation and you are set. Then you just have to fly it like the full size with takeoff, 10 level laps, realism and landing. Then add 6 options that match your full size aircraft and you are done.

This is the scale page on our club website, we have our CL scale contest in Sept at Buder Park in St Louis this year

http://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/cl-models/scale/

Give it a try!
Fred

Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »
Well guys,

I don't know, competing in a contest? How do you live with losing?  n~  LL~

I decided on this model that I would spend no more than a day on the cockpit. The day has gone and I have just a few things left.

The cockpit is stubby, that is, the floor is higher than it would be because of the pushrod under the floor. The seat is short because of this.

A dwarf pilot with stubby legs?   LL~ LL~ LL~

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 07:43:29 PM »
The partial cockpit is the norm.  A pilot is rarely full body.  Usually just a head and shoulders.  I agree with the rule that requires a pilot.  Planes look all wrong flying around with an empty cockpit.
Paul Smith

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 08:26:05 PM »
My Profile scale B-29 took almost 3 years to build, just build one part at a time and then before you know it's done and ready to fly. Remember you can always add details later once the model is built. The test flight on the B-29 was hard on the nerves, but then I conduct test flights very carefully.

Consider entering the Fun Scale event, put as much detail as you can on the model with throttle and maybe flaps. After you do that you can work from there. Use the 2.4 Ghz controls with electric or glow power.

I enter the contests to have fun and often really don't care how I place. The B-29 was a the project I have always wanted to do and now I can enjoy it....It will be coming back to the 2014 Nats with some upgrades

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 06:09:05 AM »
Fred,

Did you have the B-29 at Brodak?

I'm actually working on putting together a 3 channel 2.4 handle.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »
Done!

About 12 hours start to this point. Just enough detail.

Canopy and frame is next.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 05:53:01 PM »
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
Fred,

Is this your model?

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 06:56:16 PM »
Yep, that's the B-29, 96" span and four E-25 electric motors

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »
Yep, that's the B-29, 96" span and four E-25 electric motors

Fred

Fred,

Talk about this fine model. H^^

Looks to me that it doesn't come apart. That alone is worth a sentence or two.  LL~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here