News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:59:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2.4 throttle  (Read 1219 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
2.4 throttle
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »

i have been flying my test Mule profile nobler with an R/C OS 50 . i didn't want to drag my lines around  so have been flying with the futaba car transmitter in my left hand and can take it back and forth leaving the handle on the ground . i have had on problems co coordinating the throttle   my right hand can just fly the plane  the controls for retracts and flaps can be moved to where u can get to them with your thumb very easily.  touch and go's are good fun  even in the grass   how about a 2.4 throttle on a bi slob
rad racer

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Re: 2.4 throttle
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »
I have been flying with electronic controls since 1991 and hang the typical RC transmitter on my hip. Everything is done by feel and flaps and retracts are done with the toggle switches. Put some heat shrink tubing on the toggle switches, that allows to you find it easier when doing it by feel.

I have now switched to the Tactic 650 2.4 Ghz transmitter which has lots of programming available that I use quite a bit and works great.

I have found that I like the light stunt type handle best and let the right hand fly the model while the left hand controls the electronics.

Also - remember that the transmitters have a lot more programming for end point adjustment and other features compared to the RC car transmitters.

Fred Cronenwett
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:28 PM »
Bob
You might want to give the type integrated handle we use in carrier.   just search the carrier board for handle and you'll get a lot of info.
This thread gives you an idea but there are several       http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=28463.0 

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
In the first part of my rebuilding my LA-5 I show my converted car 2.4 handle.  I prefer a slide pot to a trigger.  To me a throttle should be set and forget.   I do have considerable electronic skills so this conversion may not be for everyone.  For me it was the cheapest and best.  If I couldn't have done it this way, the belt mounted aircraft stick radio would have been my second choice.  I don't like a RC car style spring loaded trigger. I want a set and forget throttle.  Also with my rig I set the throttle with my right thumb - some how it seem the right way to do it for me.
see:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=34205.0
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
Have my profile STURMOVIK in the air  one flight with the 2.4 combo handle and two with the sep car transmitter in my left hand   I am far more comfortable with the transmitter  .ship will do wingover loops fig 8 and inverted ,lot of fun
rad racer

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 03:23:08 PM »
Like any thing it takes practice and getting comfortable with what you have.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »
Bob,

Glad that has worked out for you.

I'm giving thought to a 2.4 handle. Still looking into it.

Seems everyone has their own special remedy for building what they need to get the job done.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here