News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:55:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: profile scale .15 F- 4b4 also qualifies for .15 carrier  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Randy Snow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
profile scale .15 F- 4b4 also qualifies for .15 carrier
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »
Here's my little 25 5/8" F-4b4. Dick Perry shown a couple of photos in his M.A column a couple of issues back. It's powered by a super tiger .15.  At a resent contest I was able to acquire a cox conquest .15 and thought about something cool for it... like a 29" Corsair powered with this cox... but because they still want a muffler on profile scale ( seriously why the muffler on scale?? ya design and build something really sweet and hang an ugly muffler on it.... sort of spoils the look) I'll have to have it set up for my O.S. .15 LA. as well. My Corsair is coming along fine... but as Steve Mills has said to me on far to many times .. I have to much time on my hands... so this little Corsair will have spring loaded flaps-- no flaps in .15 carrier -- so they needed to be loaded in a down position then pulled up via a fourth line for profile scale. During carrier I'll have a retainer/ collar on that fourth line to keep the flaps up.
Well anyway ... here's my little F-4b4.. for profile scale and .15 carrier.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
Re: profile scale .15 F- 4b4 also qualifies for .15 carrier
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:53 AM »
Good looking model, Randy. Thanks for the pictures.
Chris...

Jim Roselle

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:37:54 PM »
Randy,
 That's really cool! I like the idea of a .15 carrier plane that can also compete in scale. I'm building my first carrier plane this summer and I plan on going with a scale outline. Central Arizona Control Line Club has an October contest with scale and carrier, I would like to fly the same plane in both events.
 Again, very nice model.

Jim

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »

That's a super cool model Randy, really nice job on it. It's gonna be a shame to have to slam it down on a carrier deck and bang it all up. Please keep us updated on your Corsair too! y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:29:19 PM »
Looks really cool, now that's something I would like to build, except for the carrier part.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »
Looks great.

You will need a pilot for any scale event.  Especially a small open cockpit plane with the pilot (no his absence) clearly visible.

Four-line systems rarely work.  I suggest getting the thing working with a standard three-line system before venturing into the unproven and risky world of "more-than-three" lines.  Drag builds up like crazy.  Three lines vs two is a big enough step.

The drag on your flap line will detract from tension you need for your up, down and gas pedal lines.

Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here