News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:59:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2A Scale Rule Book error.  (Read 918 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
1/2A Scale Rule Book error.
« on: January 13, 2022, 03:40:25 PM »
Hopefully, somebody with some pull on the Rules Committee will read this:

Paragraph 6.5.2 correctly includes the change to 2 points for multi-engine bonus and thus a maximum of 42 points for each of two flights, 84 points total.

Paragraph 6.3.1 fails to reflect this change and still carries a 5-point bonus, 45 points per flight, and 90 points total.

Fortunately, the Rule Book is now all digital so the committee chairman should be able to correct this without further delay.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 1/2A Scale Rule Book error.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 06:04:21 PM »
https://www.modelaircraft.org/sites/default/files/Control%20Line%20Scale%202022-2023.pdf

Here's the link if you want to see. 

Page 17 of the AMA pagination is correct per the rules change.
Page 15 was not updated to reflect the committee's decision.
Paul Smith

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 06:34:24 AM »
Good eye Paul, I missed that. I have sent this error onto Tony Stillman for this to be corrected. Thanks
Blessings

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 08:46:01 AM »
Yes, I was reviewing The Rule Book while deciding whether to use my one or two engine airplane this season.

Under the old system a multi engine got 5 points per flight, times two flights for a total (sure thing) bonus of 10 points.  Considering the way scale judges award near-perfect marks to a lot of entries, the 10 points for multi-engine was the only way to go.

In my history of 1/2A scale the only time I won anything with the single was when there weren't enough twins to take all the prizes.

Now, with 2 points per flight the total bonus is 4 points, which makes it something of a question. 

I guess a builder who goes to the effort of making a twin and getting to work deserves something for his labor.   But it would be nice to have given the single engine builder some sort of option to compete.  Maybe stunts (as I proposed) would have been good.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here