News:

• April 19, 2024, 05:33:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1/2A scale at the "Nats"  (Read 887 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
1/2A scale at the "Nats"
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
I have already received conformation from 6 pilots who will be flying 1/2A scale at the 2012 Nats. Nice start. If you are planning to also, drop me a line.

Blessings
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 1/2A scale at the "Nats"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
Just received my AMA 2012 NATS registration form.  Not sure if the 1/2 a scale is listed.  What is 526 CL fun Scale Novice?  Also what is 510 CL F4B?  The rest 509,521,526, and 527 I found in the 2011-2012 rule book.

???   ::)
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online chuck snyder

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
Unofficial events are often not listed on the official entry forms. F4B is the FAI class.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:46:04 AM »
Unofficial events are often not listed on the official entry forms. F4B is the FAI class.

So how does one sign up for an Unoffical event for the NATS?  :P
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »
Unofficial events are run by Sig's (special interest groups), like combat, speed, racing, and carrier.

In general, you need to be officially entered in The Nats as a regular entrant or mechanic.  Then entry into the unofficial event is an unofficial cash deal with the organizer.  The SIG sets the price.  $10 has been the going rate in the above categories.
Paul Smith

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:17:12 AM »
1/2A scale is listed in the Orange section of the entry form you received, you can check that box if you want but should not be charged. You will see at the top of that orange section "All sigs will collect fees for unofficial event at the site." Register for 1/2A scale the morning of static judging and pay then $10.00.

John and I thought it would be a good idea to separate "Fun scale" so no one would get upset over a past National winner entering "fun scale", So guys like Richard Snieder, Jack Sheeks, Steve Couch....ect would have to fly advance fun scale if they wish to fly fun scale. This would allow for greater numbers in C/L scale at the nats and a fair event..

Any other question, drop me a line. We want everyone to have a great time at the nats and go home with good memories. #^ #^ #^

C/L SCALE WILL HAVE A PILOT AND JUDGES MEETING FRIDAY EVENING AT ONE OF THE HOTELS CONFERENCE ROOM.TIME AND PLACE TBA.

Blessings
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:45:27 AM »
1/2A scale is listed in the Orange section of the entry form you received, you can check that box if you want but should not be charged. You will see at the top of that orange section "All sigs will collect fees for unofficial event at the site." Register for 1/2A scale the morning of static judging and pay then $10.00.

John and I thought it would be a good idea to separate "Fun scale" so no one would get upset over a past National winner entering "fun scale", So guys like Richard Snieder, Jack Sheeks, Steve Couch....ect would have to fly advance fun scale if they wish to fly fun scale. This would allow for greater numbers in C/L scale at the nats and a fair event..
Blessings
Allen

OK - This proves I don't read instructions (according to my wife).  The orange section does have 1/2 scale listed.    VD~ Oooo-shucks I guess I don't really qualify for Novice Fun Scale.  Came in 2nd last year at the FCM Fun Scale.   LL~   LL~   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
John,.................daaaaaaaaaa, n~.......... I meant, "won 1st at the Nats" will get you moved from novice to advance.

Blessings
Allen

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
John,.................daaaaaaaaaa, n~.......... I meant, "won 1st at the Nats" will get you moved from novice to advance.

Blessings
Allen

I knew that - But I really don't think I should fly novice fun scale for two reasons.  First of all hopefully novice scale will attract new pilots (not old farts like me),  and second of all it would be embarrassing when I come in dead last!  LL~   LL~   LL~   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
John, this is the best laugh I've had all day. I guess we could say, "Anyone who wishes to fly advance can", that might be a better wording hum?

Blessings
Allen

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here