News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:13:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jetco Rearwin Speedster  (Read 1493 times)

Walter Hicks

• Trade Count: (0)
Jetco Rearwin Speedster
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:59:12 PM »
Anyone have  spare kit the can sell? I am making a late decision to use this for 2015 Scale Season and would like to use a kit it not I can get the plans
or if anyone has the plans and ready made templates even better?  I see kits available for Mr Mulligan, ( Pat Trittle ) but like the Rearwin better.
Any help would be appreciated. Kit and templates ,plans for Jetco Rearwin Speedster.

Offline Jim Fruit

• Commander
Re: Jetco Rearwin Speedster
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »
Walter:

I am unfamiliar with the Jetco Rearwin Speedster. I always did like the Jetco kits, however. I also like the Rearwin Speedster. I found the original Speedster at the Oshkosh air show. The end result scored high static score at the Nationals last year. I based mine around the geometry of Jack Stafford's model, but quickly determined that the geometry of the model was not scale. You may find that A Jetco kit is similar. I had to lengthen the nose, shorten the tail moment, change the wing chord and lengthen the wingspan. I used Jack's flight geometry, that is, 2 degrees positive, 0-0. The subject found at Oshkosh, being the first and subsequently remodeled, was slightly different in details as originally manufactured three views. Things such as windshield, louver locations, greenhouse, etc., were different. The original had a Cirrus engine which resulted in a longer nose than the production Speedsters, which used a Menasco. The point of all of this is that I recommend that you find a specific Speedster and obtain as many photographs as possible. There are many sources for this. Then, rather than start with a kit, go at it from a scratch build effort. This will give you a better chance of creating a more accurate and detailed model

Jim Fruit

Offline John Kelly

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:38:02 AM »
   ...Hey Walter, OUTERZONE has the plans.  Cheers,  John
AMA 11416

Walter Hicks

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »