Vendors Corner > RSM

Rib Jig holes

(1/2) > >>

Leester:
Hi Eric, I just received my Tony kit and see you've switched to 3/8" jig holes. Are the 5/32" jig holes an option in future purchases ??

eric rule:
If you special order the kit (i.e. have me manufacture it for you and not just pull it from stock) I can put whatever size jig holes in there that you desire. Just put your request in the "REMARKS" section of the on line order form.
Eric

Leester:
Thank You !!

Target:
Eric-
Is there a way to make the ribs with the larger holes work on an adjust-o-jig with 5/32" rods?
Also, I'm sure you have a reason for the change, what is it? I'm guessing maybe the larger diameter holes work better with the laser?

Just curious, since I'm on the trail of an adjust-o-jig and have a couple of your kits on the shelf, and not sure what size holes are in them, if any.
Thanks,
Chris

eric rule:
Chris:

The larger jig holes in the ribs have nothing to do with the laser's ability. The only reason for the larger diameter holes is requests from customers. The Adjust-O-Jig uses wires that have a 5/32" diameter. That is what size you should use on that particular jig.

Other jigs, including the one I manufacture (one of which is shown in Mike Griffin's Vendors Corner) can have any size holes the customer wants. Since I now have a large supply of 5 mm carbon fiber tubes I have changed the holes in my jig to accept these as the jig rods. I like using the CF rods as they do not flex under any conditions. So this makes my wings absolutely straight and level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version