News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Plug & Play Electric Powwer "Systems"  (Read 4447 times)

Offline eric rule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Plug & Play Electric Powwer "Systems"
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
RSM Distribution is pleased to announce that after extensive flight testing we now have available "plug & play" electric power systems.

All of the "systems" come complete with motor, ESC, KR Governor (ver 2), Battery & Prop. All required plugs and connectors soldered on and the flight parameters are fully programmed. No set up or computer is required to operate. Just mount the "system" in your model, charge and plug in the battery, flip the switch and fly.

We offer two different levels of "systems". The Competition level features motors with superior bearings, the highest quality magnets with tight fits. The Sport "systems" have good high quality bearings, high quality magnets with close fits. The table below shows the "systems" available:

SPORT "SYSTEMS"
Glow Power Equivalent
.061                     $109.99
.15                       $119.99
.25                       $184.99
.35-.40                 $186.99
.46                       $244.99
.61-.74                 $314.99

COMPETITION LEVEL "SYSTEMS"
Glow Power Equivalent
.061                      $149.99
.15                        $169.99
.25                        $224.99
.35-.40                  $274.99
.46                        $329.99
.61-.74                  $424.99

Please visit our web site www.rsmdistribution.com for full details and to place an order for one or more of the "systems". As with all of our products RSM Distribution guarantees that these "systems" will work or we will refund your money.

Regards
Eric Rule

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Plug & Play Electric Powwer "Systems"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 06:56:21 PM »
Hi Eric.  I am thinking of chucking all my IC motors and going electric.  I generally fly for fun (not competitive in the slightest! LOL)  I have two Noblers, an Oriental and will be building a Brodak Spitfire in the near future.  So would your .46 size Sport Package be what I am after?  Also, do you sell the chargers needed for these batteries?
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline eric rule

• Commander
Re: Plug & Play Electric Powwer "Systems"
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 02:07:37 PM »
Hi Glen:

Thank for the inquiry.

All of the models you noted are actually in the 35-40 power range. For that reason I personally would choose to use the RSM 35-40 power system (with a 3 cell battery). You could certainly go up to the 46 power system (using the Bob Whitely power rules of enough power is good, more power is better and massive power is the best!); however you would be using a 4 cell battery which weighs 3 oz more than the 3 cell does. That would likely require you to add some tail weight to get your perfect C/G so you would end up trading extra power for more weight. That is likely to end up being a "wash".

I always try to get all (or as many as I can) of my power systems using the same battery. That way I can reduce the total number of batteries I need to purchase since I can switch the batteries back and forth in all of the models I fly.

I hope this data is of use to you.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here