News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Electric Power products  (Read 10437 times)

Offline eric rule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
New Electric Power products
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »
After an exhaustive search I have found the manufacturer of the "No Spark" Arming Switch and the XH Balance Board. As a result RSM Distribution now stocks both of these products.

The Balance board allows you to plug your battery into the charger and slide the battery into the Lipo Safe Charge Bag. Cost is $9.99

The Arming Switch plugs in line between your battery and the ESC and is required by the AMA for all full bodied stunt models. Unlike most arming switches the "No Spark" Arming Switch has a small push button that sends a small amount of current to the ESC to warm up the two large capacitors before the full current hits them. This stops the nasty spark from happening when you plug in the battery. Cost for the "No Spark" Arming Switch is $13.99

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
Re: New Electric Power products
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »
The sparking, charging up the electrolytic capacitors, doesn't seem to hurt anything if your safety plug is gold plated. It takes a lot of sparking to wear off the gold plating.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline eric rule

• Commander
Re: New Electric Power products
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
Hi Floyd:

You are correct that the spark does not do a lot of damage to the plating.

What it can do is to mess up the computer code used to run the flight manager (KR Governor). This was happening often enough that Keith Renecle started adding in a "code protect" into the KR Governors to keep it from messing things up. I have also seen the spark force some ESC's back to the factory default. As you can no doubt imagine it kind of ruins your day of flying when a spark messes up the programming.

I used to solder a 10 Ohm resister in the line and hook it up to a push button to solve this particular problem. Now that I have found the manufacturer of these arming switches I do not have to do that work any more. Kind of nice to be able to offer folks a really good product that is a simple "plug in" at a very decent price!

Best regards
Eric

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here