News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carbon Fiber Spinners  (Read 5270 times)

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Carbon Fiber Spinners
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »
RSM Distribution has just acquired a new line of light weight (2" only weighs 20 grams) carbon fiber spinners.

The spinners are precision made in CNC metal molds and cured under pressure for lightweight strength and finish. The propeller blade cutouts are pre-made for popular sizes, and are easy to open up if needed. The precision backplate is made from woven carbon fiber and lightened for strength and reduction in weight.

Size                            Price                    Weight

1-3/4" (42mm)            $ 29.99                  10.5 grams
2"       (52mm)            $ 32.99                  19.5 grams
2-1/4" ( 58mm)           $ 37.99                  20 grams

Spinner shape is somewhere between regular (like a True Turn) and a Needle Nose.  The two prop cut outs are cut for normal rotation props. To change the shape for reverse pitch would only require a bit of sanding.

To order visit our web site www.rsmdistribution.com and look in the NEW PRODUCTS section or call 951-678-1406 (Pacific Time Zone)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:02:18 PM by ericrule »

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
Re: Carbon Fiber Spinners
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »
Eric, how about left hand cut outs for us 'lectric guys?
Mike

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »
Hi Mike:

The cut outs are for tractor props. Reason for this is that the bulk of the electric folks who are mainly in the R/C portion of the hobby run tractor props.

We, in control line electric, are unfortunately an extremely small portion of the hobby. As such there are very few companies out there who are prepared to pay to have special tooling made to service our requirements. Whenever such a thing occurs you can be certain that the costs involved will be passed on to the consumer in the form of much higher prices.

All of that being said, I have examined the cut outs and can not see why a couple of passes with a dremel tool will not change the shape of the cut outs to work with a pusher prop.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
I'd still like to know if these are 'regular' or 'needle nose' or something in between. I just don't see how I can get a picture over the phone...well, my phone, anyway. It might not be smart, but it's smart enough to confuse me! Besides, I'm not allowed to call foreign countries or go 'online' with it. Costs my son a bunch extra if I do that, and he's put the nix on it. Shows good common sense, that boy o' mine.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:04 PM »
Hi Steve:

Shape of the spinner is somewhere beetween a regular (True Turn) and a needle nose.

I did not realize that Renton, WA was in a foreign country.(LOL)

Eric

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here