News:

• October 19, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Genesis Extreme plans and preview of upcoming Genesis book  (Read 222 times)

Offline Bob Hunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Genesis Extreme plans and preview of upcoming Genesis book
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
Hi All:

The long promised Genesis Extreme plans are now available from Robin's View Productions. The first one hundred (100) sets of these plans will be signed and numbered by Bob Hunt. They are priced at $19.95, plus postage and can be sent either folded in an envelope (less expensive shipping), or rolled in a Priority Mail tube. Interested parties can call RVP at 610-746-0106, or email Bob Hunt at RVP at robinhunt@rcn.com. Robin's View Productions accepts Visa and MasterCard and welcomes phone orders. Please do not send any credit card information via email; please call with your numbers and other info.

Other Genesis news:

I have been working on a book about the Genesis series of models (much like McDonald's Stiletto Chronicles) for several years. It is now nearing completion and it will be nearly 80,000 words long and include more than a hundred photos. This book covers all of the Genesis airplanes, and is told in a story fashion that includes all the good, and all the bad things that happened during the years I flew those ships; and there was plenty of each...

At the end of the story part (which encompasses 44 years!) there will be a building manual that will focus on the Warren Truss Lost-Foam wing construction of the Genesis Extreme, and other specifics on building that ship.

Plans for the original Genesis 35. the Genesis 46 Mk III, the 1980 Genesis (second at the 1980 world Championships and second at the 1980 Nats), the Genesis 40, and the Genesis Extreme will be available when that book is released. That should be some time around the new year.

Later - Bob Hunt

Online Allan Perret

• Admiral
Re: Genesis Extreme plans and preview of upcoming Genesis book
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
Which Genesis versions are Classic legal ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Bob Hunt

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:39:29 PM »
Hi Allan:

None of the Genesis designs that I did are Classic legal. The first Genesis was designed in 1972 and flown at the Nats in 1973. The Genesis 46 Mk III and the Genesis 35 are both Nostalgia/Super Seventies legal, however.

Thanks - Bob

Online Allan Perret

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
Hi Allan:

None of the Genesis designs that I did are Classic legal. The first Genesis was designed in 1972 and flown at the Nats in 1973. The Genesis 46 Mk III and the Genesis 35 are both Nostalgia/Super Seventies legal, however.

Thanks - Bob
So the 46 Mk III, was it designed as a piped ship ?  If so do you have any pics of the bottom showing the tunnel ?  Also, what was your best power package in this bird ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Bob Hunt

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
Hi Allan:

No, the Genesis 46 MkIII was designed originally for an ST 46, but the last one (The one with which I won the 1978 World Championships) had an OS 40FSR in it. None of the early Genesis models had a pipe. The first (and only) Genesis to have a pipe briefly was the Genesis Extreme. It was originally powered by a rear exhaust RoJett 40. Not a great engine... I retrofitted it with a PA 40R Ultra Lite Merlin and it flew much better with that. In 2005 I again changed the power system to electric, and that proved to be the best.

Later - Bob

Tags: