News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Speed Talk / Re: Fox 35 for Speed.
« Last post by Motorman on April 30, 2024, 09:15:07 PM »
I've got a guy interested in making some high compression heads for the Fox speed event. I could have him copy mine but if you guys know something better than me chime in.

MM 8)
Open Forum / Re: Help with positioning WWII wing insignia
« Last post by Motorman on April 30, 2024, 09:00:27 PM »
I have put on decals square to edges, measure with rulers ect. and they don't look right. It an optical illusion or something. What I found that works is to forget all that and put the decal on and position it so it looks good by just using your eyes. Works every time.

MM 8) 
Open Forum / Re: Help with positioning WWII wing insignia
« Last post by Dick Byron on April 30, 2024, 07:54:33 PM »
That looks great.
Open Forum / Help with positioning WWII wing insignia
« Last post by Rusty on April 30, 2024, 04:25:46 PM »
Hello,   I am not sure how to position the wing insignia on the P51B Mustang I am building.  I have studied what photos are available and cannot exactly figure it out.  The idea I am thinking may be best is to have the edges 90 degrees to the side of the fuselage and invasion strips.  However, the edges could be centered by the width of the wing, too. 

If you have done this before, please help.  Thanks

PS: These are Cali graphics, Berlin Express.
When asked about that (swept forward flap hingeline), Paul Walker said it made trimming MUCH more difficult.   

I'd leave it at that, but considering that a lot of models are flown for years and still aren't really well trimmed, it makes sense to just don't do it.  H^^ Steve
HERES A VIDEO OF WINDYS SPITFIRE WITH SWEPT TRAILING EDGES
Open Forum / Re: Fox 36X ABC piston/liner/rod/pin sets
« Last post by Onelife on April 30, 2024, 09:57:00 AM »
Bummer can’t do it and I would really like to find out what I have 
How about pm with email?
On the box it’s hard to see the numbers on the gold sticker but I think it
S5017 Fox Super Stunt white lable black box  has a brass liner stuffer back plt and Hemihead

Hey Al I sent a private message to you.
Open Forum / Re: Sig Super Chipmunk cowl
« Last post by Gordon Tarbell on April 30, 2024, 09:06:40 AM »
BYU on here should have one or two . I think he had plans to produce new ones out of F/G and ones for the Akrobat sister ship
« Last post by Onelife on April 30, 2024, 08:39:33 AM »
I am not sure how to post pictures please give instructions thanks
« Last post by Al Ferraro on April 30, 2024, 08:20:49 AM »
The factory Fox 35 Super Stunt that I know of was a steel piston & liner which was a higher timed with larger intake and exhaust ports. I never ran a Super Sunt, but our local Fox 35 Stunt expert prefers the original timing. Fox did make a stock timed ABC set that's a good runner. I currently use it to power my Flight Streak and can complete the pattern with only 3oz of fuel with No Burp (can only fit a small tank on the Streak) using a venturi restrictor.
 Post a photo of the engine and the box it came in would help ID the engine.
Al
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Advertise Here