Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Classifieds / Carbon Tow samples
« Last post by Guy Markham on Today at 01:08:19 PM »
ACP 3K tow samples   $10.00 plus shipping
Classifieds / wheels
« Last post by Guy Markham on Today at 12:35:26 PM »
Wheels 2-1/4", 2-1/2" spoked, and plain, tail wheels , axels , wheel pants,  etc...........$30.00 plus shipping
Classifieds / Control line parts
« Last post by Guy Markham on Today at 12:21:09 PM »
brodak belll crank, carbon fiber bellcrank to flap horn  rod, leadout rgiude, Palmer differential  flap horns with spring bushings,  4/40  monster ball links, snap siivels, RSM bell crank post, green plastic coated lead out wire and other  odd  hardware asking $40.00 plus shipping Note: Last pic not part of sale
Classifieds / 4-1/2" STUNT TANK
« Last post by Guy Markham on Today at 10:51:15 AM »
Never used Custom 4-1/2 oz metal uniflow with Palmer style over flow and baffle with separate  tubes for uniflow and over flow exits . $ 20.00 plus shipping
Classifieds / 4 Canopy
« Last post by Guy Markham on Today at 10:26:40 AM »
 one Sig C809 9" WW2 canopy, One  6" bubble Sigc006,  One RSM Hawker Hunter 14" canopy and One Yatsenko  "classic style canopy 9"x2"x2-1/4" tall
Asking $25.00 plus shipping
Paint and finishing / Test pieces.
« Last post by Perry Rose on Today at 09:10:54 AM »
I have used bare wood, the side of a gallon can, sheet nylon, plastic masking sheet and now the side of a Kleenex box as the base for testing paint compatibility. In every case the results were perfect finding the paints to be compatible.  But in every case when I painted the plane the results were disastrous. How should I be conducting the paint tests so I can be sure they won't react? Wait times between coats had no effect on the outcome.
Open Forum / Re: VP Powermaster 10% Nitro ; 18% Oil Mean & Green
« Last post by Dan McEntee on Today at 09:09:38 AM »
    If you want to add castor, break it down into a quart to test, and add what it would take to treat a quart., which I think is about 1 3/5 ounces?? You may find that the castor does not blend with the synthetic. If it does not, then you have only wasted a quart, instead of the whole gallon. Using it straight is worth the test flights also. It may take 3 or 4 flights for things to settle in and for you to find the best setting. I would test fly it straight from the can first. If you like it and all seems well, then just keep flying. If you have problems, then treat a quart with castor and keep test flying.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
« Last post by Chris McMillin on Today at 08:56:19 AM »
Hi Kafin,
I reread your post, I was under the impression the VP Powermaster Air had no castor. Or very little. I use it currently because I have a couple of cases. I see you have written that the formula is 20% castor,80% synthetic.
Joe Gilbert uses Mean Green and I used some of his at VSC and it worked very well in the LA. He was using it in his AeroTiger .36.
Thanks for reminding me/clarifying this difference.
Chris…
« Last post by Kafin Noe’man on Today at 08:27:11 AM »
I used to run castor but in the LA 46 I found better runs from no castor. I used Powermaster 15nitro , 18oil , and found the needle much steadier than custom blends with castor. I changed over time coming to this conclusion, and compared flights on the same day after consulting experienced guys like John Hill and Joe Gilbert.
Chris…

Hi Chris,
Is your fuel the ‘Mean & Green’ version as well?
Open Forum / Re: Another Legend Gone West.
« Last post by Chris McMillin on Today at 08:10:58 AM »
Me too, Roy.
I first became aware of Burt and Dick at the 1973 California Air Races at Mojave. Burt built the Vari Viggen and Dick flew a spectacular air show with it. The canard delta winged airplane had some really neat flying qualities and Dickbexploited them well. High alpha and low speed cornering being what I recall.
So long, Dick.
Chris…
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise Here