News:

• May 06, 2024, 11:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Forum / Re: My P40 Maiden Flight
« Last post by Jake Moon on Today at 10:32:07 PM »
Hi Kafin,
I run an LA-46 on a tongue muffler (all holes open) in my Vector 40 with 5% nitro, 20% oil mix and a 12.5 X 4 APC prop. I have tried a couple other fuels (5% nitro/18% oil, 10% nitro/18% oil, and 10% nitro/20% oil) and had either power issues or overheating. I've found that with the heat and extreme humidity in our climates that even seemingly small fuel changes can throw the motor run off.

Before takeoff I set the needle to where the motor is in 2 cycle and just cracking into a 4 cycle every couple seconds. The lap time is around 5.1-5.2.
Open Forum / Re: Another Legend Gone West.
« Last post by Bruce Shipp on Today at 09:57:00 PM »
Here is the book about his F100 squadron in Viet Nam.  An outstanding read. 

A nickel on the grass…
Open Forum / Re: Fiorotti programing g force
« Last post by Ken Culbertson on Today at 08:58:01 PM »
Unless I did something wrong, my g-force programming only goes up to 5. So I set it at 3 and didn't see any difference. I'll try it at the max, 5, next time I go out. I am still using chinese escs to save weight, but perhaps I need to put in my castle 50s for the g force to work properly.

David
It goes from 0 (off) to 100 so something is not right.  You aren't going to see much at 5.  I am currently set at 20.  I have gone higher in wind.

Ken
Open Forum / Re: Fiorotti programing g force
« Last post by Fred Underwood on Today at 07:23:55 PM »
What specific timer version are you using.  The timer should program even if not attached to the ESC, so the ESC should not limit the programming to 5.  It might affect function, but not programming.
Yes they do.  All timer kits come with the latest code installed and tested.
« Last post by Steve Dwyer on Today at 06:33:38 PM »
OK thanks
« Last post by Dave_Trible on Today at 06:30:54 PM »
Al,

All the mufflers I have on my Max S engines are the strap around the head style with a approx. a 5/16" diameter outlet. Can you better describe where exactly you are recommending a 5/16 hole be drilled. I do believe I read somewhere here some mufflers had a much larger outlet and the engine ran better.

Steve

Steve
May be some confusion.  Al was talking about the LA .46 I believe.   We have always used the stock muffler on the FP and LA .40-.46 without issue.  Could be other factors involved .   

Dave
« Last post by Steve Dwyer on Today at 06:19:57 PM »
  Looks like you are running the stock OS muffler which is very restrictive. I would run a 5/16 drill all the way through the exhaust to let engine breathe better or get a Dinger muffler. As far as props go, I would use the APC 11.5X4. I tried the TT 11x4.5 on my LA 46 powered Vector and on a calm day it works ok, but when the wind starts blowing the APC is the clear winner.
Al

Al,

All the mufflers I have on my Max S engines are the strap around the head style with a approx. a 5/16" diameter outlet. Can you better describe where exactly you are recommending a 5/16 hole be drilled. I do believe I read somewhere here some mufflers had a much larger outlet and the engine ran better.

Steve

Steve
Open Forum / Re: Air Brushes
« Last post by Steve Dwyer on Today at 05:51:43 PM »
All now makes sense, thanks guys. Now to rob the piggy bank.

Steve

Open Forum / Re: Air Brushes
« Last post by Dennis Nunes on Today at 04:38:44 PM »
Dennis, can you tell me what the difference is between the VL-3AS double Action brush you bought and the VL-3MH Double Action brush is?  I see that the VL-3MH replaces the VLS-202S while the VL-3AS replaces the VLS-Set. Literature is confusing and difficult to follow.

Hi Steve,
I'm not sure what the difference is between the VL-3AS and the VL-3MH, other than the LV-3MH has a metal handle and the VL-3AS has a plastic handle. The LV-3MH is just a little more expensive. I guess because of the metal handle? Who knows...   n~

Dennis
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise Here