News:

• May 23, 2024, 01:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Team Trials  (Read 1620 times)

James_Mynes

• Trade Count: (0)
Team Trials
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
Team Trials for F2C were held this weekend in Dallas. Anybody have the results? It seems a little odd that nobody is talking about it.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: Team Trials
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »

Lambert Fluker  #1,  Fisher, Wilk #2  no one else under 3:40 ave so will be a 2 team team
rad racer

Offline Patrick Hempel

• Lieutenant
  • Genes Jet
    • DMAA web site
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
Two month of training w/ Bill, we got third at 3.44 not
enough to go to Poland. But what an experience it was!
Patrick Hempel

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »
"Foxberg" to F2C in what, two years? Way to go Patrick!  Four lousy seconds! Great effort youse guys! Huge thanks to all the DMAA club members who helped so much when the Team Trials had to be relocated with so little warning. Well Done.
dale g

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
F2C has gotten so fast that I still am amazed there is not more mid airs or accidents.   Stay with it and you will make it. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
Sorry for the late response.  Been intending to write a note, but my could have/should have list is greatly exceeding my done that list.

Thanks to the DMAA group for jumping in to help out.  Special thanks has to go out to Bill for seeing the need and solving the problem of location in a hurry.

The contest was fun and a bit more "casual" than you would normally find for a team trials.  The reason - lots of new interest in F2C!  Can't beat that and most already have great racing experience.  The challenge for this contest was getting pilots with 3-up experience with the wind we were seeing.  I'm sure many would think it funny that we considered it cold and windy, but it was for Texas. 

I also want to say a special thanks to those that volunteered to fill out the race card.  We had several people come out to learn about F2C from both the pilot and mechanic end.  It was fun to watch and I hope they had fun trying it.  For those traveling to future world championships, this really meant a lot in the way funding will work.

Again, thanks to all for pulling this together.  I really appreciate it.

Tom

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
Four seconds keeps a team from going.   How many countries can even come close to what was turned.   Our AMA does not realize how much this means to control line flyers who have been at it a while.   There goes the team trophy we might have gotten.   Surely Hempel/Lee could have gotten better as time goes on.   On another day they just may have gotten the time they needed.   Good try tho gentlemen and I wish our team the best when they go compete.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave Rolley

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:43 PM »
A couple for minor corrections:

The AMA did not set the performance threshold used at the F2C Team Trails for the 2014 World Championships.  The active F2C community set the minimum performance standard as the average of a team's three fastest heats with the average being faster than 3:40.

The third place team was Patrick Hempel/Bill Lee.  They posted three times faster than 4:00 with the fastest single time being 3:44.  They did very well.

Dave Rolley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:18:46 AM by Dave Rolley »

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 04:53:12 AM »
The third place team was Patrick Hempel/Bill Lee.  They posted three times faster than 4:00 with the fastest single time being 3:44.  They did very well.

With 15 year-old equipment, a green pilot and a pitman that was over the hill several mountain ranges back.

Thanks to Patrick and Bill Bischofff and Mike Greb for putting up with my "coaching". It was really good to be back in the circle again competing in F2C, even with very low expectations and VERY obsolete equipment.
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here