Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Rat Racing and Team Racing

Torque Roll

(1/2) > >>

john e. holliday:
Just finished reading the Feb. 2021 Torque Roll newsletter of the NCLRA(National Control Line Racing Association).   A lot of good reading and advice in this issue especially the article by Paul G. telling how we defeat our selves in racing.  Some of it can be applied to other events.

I was on the Flying Lines newsletter and seen it listed.   You can go to either the flying Lines site or the NCLRA site.

It did get the blood going again  thinking of pitting a plane as I consider myself a better pit man than a pilot. D>K

Dave Hull:
I agree Doc. My thinking has always been:

1. You have to finish the race to win. First work on finishing every race

2. You need to develop consistency or else you have no idea where you are, or what you have to improve to win (Think of this as "narrowing your group" or reducing the CEP.)

3. You need to find ways to knock seconds off your time. This is a much broader goal than just saying the plane has to go faster. The plane may not have to go faster, especially if it causes you to fail criteria number one, above.  This is where most racers begin to have problems. Ask Paul about his strategy of running heats with one nitro mix, and then jacking up the nitro for the final.

The Divot McSlow

bill bischoff:
It should be said that Dave is talking about MOUSE racing, with no fuel restrictions. He is not accusing Paul of fuel "doping".

Dave Hull:
Well, Bill, we were discussing the racing activities of "Mr. Mouse," Monsieur Gibeault, right?

Thanks for the clarification of my comment.

The Divot

PaulGibeault:
 Hello Gentlemen,

I don't follow this forum too much hence my late reply.  There are several ways to win at mouse, & mine is just one of them.
It should be noted (Dave Hull) that I never change fuel from the heats to the final. I run the same fuel all day long. I may change engines/model for one that gets better laps if my heat model is short on range, but that's all. I did just that last time I raced in Cali. Turns out it was a mistake as the #2 engine was noticeably slower. I would have been better off to 3 pit the final, since that engine had superior speed ( & my pitstops were good) . Ah well, Les's slower & steadier model is what won that race.

p.s. Absolutely right, I never dope my models: 100% epoxy finish all the way... ;)

pps.. Hanging out with the Original Cox Venom designer Larry Renger never hurts either!

"Ask Paul about his strategy of running heats with one nitro mix, and then jacking up the nitro for the final."

--- Quote from: Dave Hull on February 12, 2021, 10:55:47 PM ---Well, Bill, we were discussing the racing activities of "Mr. Mouse," Monsieur Gibeault, right?

Thanks for the clarification of my comment.

The Divot

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version