Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Rat Racing and Team Racing

Royal Rodent Rat

(1/2) > >>

Lyle Spiegel:
Browsing ebay and saw a kit for Harter Royal Rodent. I'm not looking to buy, but curious to know for nostalgia only, was did many fly the Rodent? Was it competitive? What was the winning engine? 

bob whitney:
the Rodent was the first good pan kit, it took over from the mid west rat which had a wooden bottom and changed rat for ever almost all the uprite  pan rats were built off the Rodent and then changed for personal pref.mostly bigger wings

Lyle Spiegel:
Interesting to know history of Rodent.  Where is the SCAT RAT  in the timeline?  I have unfinished SCAT from CG kit. There was no one near by to me that had any interest or experience flying a rat so I abandoned it.  Had thought it might be a good base for a monoline trainer but was advised that was not a good idea due to tendancy to torque roll on takeoff.

I believe Pat King has plans for a larger SCAT RAT, has anyone built it?
Lyle

Mike Hazel:
If memory serves correct, the Carl Goldberg Skat Rat kit came out in 1964.  I built one in 1965, which was my very first CL build and did use it to fly rat race.  Built at least a couple more of them later on.  (and they do work just fine for a monoline trainer).

bob whitney:
what Mike says it was one of the last profiles and a very good one.  Q rat came about later.it is a good size plane and will work well as a mono trainer ,be sure to have plenty of tip weight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version