News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:15:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Retirement from Racing  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Jason Allen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Retirement from Racing
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
Gentlemen,

After lots of thought, I've decided to hang up my handles for good. 

I really enjoyed the 30+ years of modelling and racing.  I really appreciate all everyone has done for me and my father as we were coming up through the ranks.  I will cherish all of the time with all of you.  I will miss the camaraderie of the group dinners, sitting around under the tents all over the country.  The competition was top notch and I loved pretty much every minute of it.  I will miss seeing the world through the unique perspective of the US F2 Team, our travels to Spain, France and Ukraine are some of my favorite memories and stories.

As such, I'm selling off most of my equipment.  Dad and I never had much so there's not much stuff here.  I will be posting in the sale section lists of engines, airplanes, parts, and supplies as I inventory things.  Stay Tuned.

Again, I will miss all of you.

--Jason W. Allen

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: Retirement from Racing
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »
Why? Was it something I said?  :'(

Offline Jason Allen

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:28:02 PM »
Why? Was it something I said?  :'(

Yeah! Last time we were in the circle together, you said something about my pitman's hairy knuckles hitting the ground.  It was VERY offensive.  I can't take any more of this bad mouting of my teammate, whether he deserves it or not.

--Jason

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »
Gee, you don't have to quit over that. I'm sure you can find a less hairy pit man! Seriously, you were always a pleasure to fly with. We'll all miss you.

BB

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:20:47 AM »
Yeah! Last time we were in the circle together, you said something about my pitman's hairy knuckles hitting the ground.  It was VERY offensive.  I can't take any more of this bad mouting of my teammate, whether he deserves it or not.

--Jason

Well, if it's the pitman I know, he deserved it!  ;D

But, as BillB said, we'll miss you in the racing circle, and don't become a stranger!

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Charles Barnes

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »
Jason,

I think you misunderstood the hairy knuckles comment, it was meant as complement!

He was saying how the hair acted like a spider web and how it could snagged the planes out of the air.

Offline Jason Allen

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »
There is a photo somewhere of Bob pulling a clown out of the air in Starke.  If I remember correctly, it shutoff in the wrong spot and I screwed up and brought it in way too fast and bouncing.  But, It was pretty cool.  I think you're on to something.

This actually brings to mind one of my favorite Bob/Clown races.  It was the year he pitted two planes in the Final at the Nats and placed first and second with them.  Bob started and pitted, my dad was his helper/catcher and Dave Hallas and I were on the handles.  If I remember correctly, all three airplanes were within 5 laps of each other.  Bob can fill in the details.  It was a sight to see.  :-)

--Jason

Jason,

I think you misunderstood the hairy knuckles comment, it was meant as complement!

He was saying how the hair acted like a spider web and how it could snagged the planes out of the air.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »
close. the winner did 300 laps and both of ours did 299 laps
rad racer

Offline Jason Allen

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 05:51:57 AM »
Damn!

Well, I like to remember it my way ;-)

close. the winner did 300 laps and both of ours did 299 laps

Online Ron Duly

• 22 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
Don Burke and I like to remember it Bob's way! 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here