News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The future of CL  (Read 1118 times)

Offline bill bischoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The future of CL
« on: November 25, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »
Recently I had the occasion to be in SoCal, and arranged a flying session with Doug Mayer and his boys, Mason (12) and Tristan (9). Ron Duly also came down from Burbank to join us. Both boys have already been flying Mouse and sport Goodyear models for a while, so Doug decided it was time to start working on teaching them how to get the model back to the pits. After a bit of "ground school", both boys were doing pretty well.  Then Doug decided to coach them from in the circle, so I became the pit man. Neither boy was bothered by the presence of another person in the circle, and during breaks in the action, the boys were actually walking the circle together mimicking a race. When we broached the idea of Doug flying traffic with them, both were receptive, and after doing it once were stoked! We burned up some time looking for a lost wheel (twice), and we wanted to do some chillin' and grillin' at Doug's house before I had to get to LAX, otherwise I'm sure the boys would have flown all afternoon. It was sure good to seem them so enthusiastic, and dad is going to help them both build their own new racers. Tristan has already picked the popular Li'l Quickie, and Mason is still considering this important decision. I dare say dad was rather charged up as well. Thanks Ron for joining us (Ron was also pressed into pitman duty) and Doug and his boys for a thoroughly enjoyable day.

L-R Mason Mayer, Bill Bischoff, Doug Mayer, Tristan Mayer

Offline Les Akre

• Commander
Re: The future of CL
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »
Wow!, Those Boy's sure have grown since I saw them last.

Good Job Doug, Bill and Ron. I hope the boy's keep their keen interest.

Les

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: The future of CL
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
That is great you had a chance to coach those lads.   But those youngsters grow so fast  At Denver one year Dave Rolley supplied the trophies for the Jr Mouse Race.    JJ's step sons and Emmy(my grand daughter)  were the entrants.   D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here