News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Margaret June  (Read 1323 times)

Tom Vieira

• Trade Count: (0)
Margaret June
« on: April 24, 2019, 06:03:00 AM »
She's done, and she flew!

winds were crazy last night, a constant breeze in the teens somewhere and gusting well in to the 20's.  still needs dialing in of the plane, the handle, and the moron operating the handle, but she flies quite nicely!  i was using a stunt handle with about 4" spacing on the first flight, and it was a bit....spooky...  we'll say!  Tightened the spacing significantly, and she was then quite well behaved considering the wind!  nice design, Bill!

I know my flying position is all wrong in the pic, that was my first time flying a racing ship.  Bob Heywood worked with me last night trying to explain some of the finer points.  I was quite surprised how just changing my stance dropped the lap times!

i may need a Knotty Girl and a Rossi in the stable now......

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: Margaret June
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 07:49:25 AM »
Awesome!  See you in Muncie. By the way, you will probably have many more opportunities to fly sport Goodyear than AMA Goodyear, so before you drop big $$ for a Rossi, you can always put a bigger venturi on the ASP (just for fun) to satisfy your need for more speed.

BB

Tom Vieira

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
true....

i have a Texas Quickie Rat kit to build first, along with a K&B 6.5 RIRE for an F40 to build first, along with finishing a voodoo, another flite streak, and my Gypsy...  lol

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
Looking Good...and Fast!  Pretty ambitious building program...that's a good thing! 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »
Yes, it does look like you are holding back on the plane(letting it get ahead of you).  But that is where practice comes in.  That is the reason I look for a good pilot and stay on the pitting end of the lines. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Tom Vieira

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 05:57:13 AM »
Yes, it does look like you are holding back on the plane(letting it get ahead of you).  But that is where practice comes in.  That is the reason I look for a good pilot and stay on the pitting end of the lines. D>K

yeah, it was on that first flight.  then Bob explained body position to me, and my times improved.  then I let him take it around, and seeing it demonstrated made it actually make sense.  my third i was kinda getting there.  practice practice practice!

and, one more is almost off the list, the Voodoo just needs the inboard wing covered and line terminations ;)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here