News:

• April 17, 2024, 06:41:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Clown & Foxberg this Saturday in Detroit.  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak Clown & Foxberg this Saturday in Detroit.
« on: September 06, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »
As part of the annual Michigan State Meet we will be running Brodak Clown & Foxberg Saturday afternoon. 

I have three sworn entries in hand.  Plus, I will carry equipment to sponsor an addition team if needed.

The usual venue, Lahser just off Joy Road.

Sept 8. Be there.  Aloha.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak Clown & Foxberg this Saturday in Detroit.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
Despite dire weather predictions, we had a solid turnout for Combat and enough teams to field an all-or-nothing three-up Brodak Clown race.

I brought out my newest & oldest Clowns, #1 and #6, and found that old #1 is still my best, especially on a long grass field.  We filled out the teams with Ron Marchionni as a pit man (experienced with F2D but not LA-15) and Ed Brzys (combat flyer but not so much racing).  Well-tested Warwashana/Colombo team was intact.

Paul Smith & Ed Brzys 114 laps
Mark Warwashana & Ron Colombo 88 laps
Ken Towers & Ron Marchionni 79 laps

No problems.

We were short of manpower and the racers got pressed into jury duty for Speed Limit, Slow, and 1/2A Combat, which consumed most of the daylight.  Clown won out over Foxberg as the only race we were able to run.  Some of these guys are getting maybe too old for five events in one day.

Paul Smith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:47:53 AM »
Sounds like you guys need to start looking for youngsters or people to start flying.  Use the equipment you don't use any more.  Of course the problem is finding youngsters that want to try flying. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »
Now that you mention it. Ed Brzys did make some progress at getting local kids into CL.

But we welcome anybody, including older guys coming out of retirement.
Paul Smith

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 04:46:58 AM »
Sounds like you guys need to start looking for youngsters or people to start flying.  Use the equipment you don't use any more.  Of course the problem is finding youngsters that want to try flying. D>K

I must agree with you that is a problem it’s hard to get any new people in this hobby never mind “youngsters” there is three cl fields within an hour and a half from me and I have only seen a handful of us under 50 and of that handful only like 3 including myself that stayed with it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here