News:

• June 05, 2024, 09:42:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Epic Race  (Read 874 times)

Offline Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Epic Race
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
Only 2 entries in .15 rat Sunday both scale racers. best race of the day, it was a comedy of errors, everyone was laughing yelling jokes and having a good time.

321 go, I start my engine and get up other guy can't get his started. I come down and the glow plug is blown. I yell over " that was my last glow plug, if you can do 30 laps you win". He yells back "that might be a challenge". I scrounge in the run box and find a crappy old plug but it lights. Other guy gets going and I get up shortly after, the race is back on. We both come down and I blew the old plug I had in there but he can't get started. I walk over to the pit area and get my junk box out and find 5 new plugs I didn't know I had, other guy is still flipping. I get the new plug in, open the needle 1/2 turn and we both get up in the air about the same time.

Now it's a race to the finish. My plane was a little faster and I felt confident. Next pit my engine quits and plane is floating in with the tank flopping under the wing wtf? Solder on the tank mount let go and it's hanging by the tubing. I grab a bag of rubber bands I keep in the run box and stretch a bunch of them over the prop engine and landing gear still only grabs the front of the tank. Other guy landed and can't get re-started. I crossed my fingers and put mine back in the air. Rubber bands held for the win lol.  

MM    
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:50:35 PM by Motorman »

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
Re: Epic Race
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:03:47 AM »
Epic would be one way to describe it! Between that and the other races I don't think I ever flipped so much  in my life. My back and shoulder are still barkin' 2 days later! For me it was 3 racing classes and 3 untried set ups. Good lessons there, not that we don't already know! My goal for next time will be to have my junk together...... At least mostly. Walt, thanks for coming up. It was good to see you. Hope to see you again this season.    I noticed we have a couple of SR events on the calendar.    TS

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Epic Race
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
Sounds like you guys had too much fun.   I have been through a few of those type races.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here