News:

• March 29, 2024, 03:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I make a Hot Glove?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Gary James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
  • Shredding streamers since 1971
    • Mini-IMP Aircraft Co.
How do I make a Hot Glove?
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:37:39 AM »
It looks like hot gloves are legal in TQR, so I figure that I had better make one.  However, an internet search did not turn up any suggestions or plans.  I assume that the "base" or middle finger contact would be best made using braided copper grounding strap, (which I have on order) but as for the "thumb" or glow plug tip contact, I can't think of anything that would work well.  Perhaps a "ring" of copper tubing with a "dent" in it.  What type of glove would be best?  I know that Bill Lee uses a weight lifting glove for his "catch glove", but that's for 1/2 A where he need his fingers to wind up the spring and also that's his catch glove, not his hot glove.  I'm sure that someone, somewhere, has written an article, perhaps in Torque Roll or an old issue of a model magazine.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
AMA 68845

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: How do I make a Hot Glove?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:45:04 PM »
it depends on where u plan on holding the plane

I use DE SOLDERING  strips  as they are flexable .easy to solder.  brass tubing will not form to what ever u are trying it mate to

I glue a brass strip around  the leading and trailing edge of the wing close to the fuse  then run lite cord to one of the motor mounts and the glo plug. 

make a ring of the de soldering strips around my thumb and 2nd finger.for contact or u can use your 1st finger ,holding the plane with 2nd finger and thumb and make contact when ready to start the engine
rad racer

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here