Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Rat Racing and Team Racing

B/B glo driver

<< < (2/2)

Dave Hull:
Tell us about the fake one, Danno.

Izzit a hollowed out Eveready case with LiPos or something else in it?

The Divot

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Dave Hull on July 21, 2021, 09:08:24 PM ---Tell us about the fake one, Danno.

Izzit a hollowed out Eveready case with LiPos or something else in it?

The Divot

--- End quote ---

Sorry to tale so long to reply. Yeah, you can make them out of cardboard mailing tubes. PVC pipe is very near the right size also. I'm sure there are explicit instructions on the net some where with sizes and such. The plastic plugs that come with the mailing tubes work out well. I can get authentic looking hardware at my local hardware store for the terminals. I have a file somewhere with the artwork on it. I print those off at Kinkos and apply it with spray adhesive. For power I use those 2 volt lead acid batteries like were used in the FirePlug. There is enough room inside that 3 or 4 C batteries in parallel could be used and they would last a long time between uses. If I make another one, I just may use the same hardware and batteries as Bill's glow driver and install the rheostat in the top. I would just eliminate the meter and through testing just put in some sort of stop at the proper settings. I have provided some one with a good scan of the smaller rectangle shaped batteries like what used to come with Cox starter sets. Lay out the copy on some chip board. Those are then folded up in the proper shape to form a box, and then add the terminals. I think 3 or 4 C cells in parallel would fit those also.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Dave Hull:
That's something. A fake Eveready that actually is a battery....  I guess if you can build a sleeper truck, you can build a sleeper battery....

Just don't ask me to go for a Fox case with an electric motor shoved up inside it....

D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version