News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alternative to carving wings  (Read 1260 times)

Offline bill bischoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Alternative to carving wings
« on: March 01, 2019, 09:34:51 PM »
Here's an alternative to carving wings for your racers or speed planes. Ray Harvey in Australia is offering built, CNC carved wings and stabs. I recently ordered four Sport Goodyear wings and a Quickie Rat wing, and the quality is first rate! All these were solid wings for external controls, but Ray also does wings with internal controls. They all have symmetrical airfoils, and came with templates for the wing cutouts. Plus, they were shipped in a nice wooden box!

The cost for five wings, shipping, and extra insurance worked out to about $105 USD per wing. Ray quotes his prices in Australian Dollars, so they seem more expensive because of the exchange rate. I just let Paypal worry about that.

For full details, please contact Ray Harvey directly at rdharveyaus@gmail.com

Bill Bischoff

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Alternative to carving wings
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 01:55:56 AM »
Nice!

These look like they qualify for the BOW rule--Builder of the Winner.

Divot McSlow

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »
Hi Bill, Are the Sport Goodyear race wings done to a Margaret June spec? IF so, it would make a good "Plan B" if my wing carving effort does not work out as planned. FWIW: So far, so good!  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 06:40:00 PM »
I believe he has already done some Margaret June wings for Charles Barnes, but he can do any model if you email him the plans. I'd hate to pay the shipping for just one wing, though.

Bill

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »
Thx Bill, I'd order a couple if I were to do it. For now, so far my wing looks good so hopefully will not be necessary. On general principles I prefer to do it my self, with the exception of some items that I seem to lack the skills for despite multiple tries...like fuel tanks.  HB~>
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here