News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .19 engine  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Cody bishop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
.19 engine
« on: July 20, 2018, 06:43:27 AM »
What is the fastest best hot starting .19 engine money can buy that will run off a suction tank we are doing a clown race in Massachusetts on November 3 and I am planning to buy a new engine for it I’m looking for something that will blow the socks off my opponent

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
Re: .19 engine
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:21:53 AM »
O.S. 18 TZ with Giffy mods.  8) I have one fully prepped with CF props I'll sell you for $150 shipped.

Motorman

how much use does it have and how will it compare to a nova rossi 15

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
the OS 18 is top of the line ,don't know of a 15 that will out run it or get the laps ,and it will hot start with the best of them.

the rossi nova 15 cant match it in speed or laps
rad racer

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 01:31:13 PM »
How’s much hasn’t this one been run

Offline Chris Sarnowski

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 02:04:17 PM »
This is going to be fun to watch on 52' lines

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 02:14:07 PM »
Hoooo. Boy.   This spring my TZ went 106 for 16. Proto start.  52's

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
Cody the term fully prepped means it will win with 1-2 flip starts if you know what to do with it. This engine is not junk. Also the props are not apc copies or twisted combat props, they are custom designed for the OS TZ in the Clown race plane.

The Rossi is a fine engine that's designed to make peak HP at 32K but with huge 13mm crank doesn't run to it's full potential when choked down for a suction fuel system. You will be way off the pace if anyone serious shows up. The TZ is a torque buggy engine that make peak HP at a lower rpm so it's happy with a small venturi. It's the perfect engine for Clown Race.

Motorman 8)

Ok I will take the engine can you send me pictures of it please and would you be able to hold onto it for a few weeks am 15 so I will probably take me about 2 weeks to come up with the money e-mail the pictures to controllinecody@gmail.com

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 08:27:51 PM »
According to my search, the current list price is $175 and it's set up for a car.   $150 for an airplane-ready TZ is a great offer.
Paul Smith

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 04:09:42 AM »
Ok Cody. I may have a few extras I can throw in as well.

I saw that your from New Jersey is this one of the engines you used in clown racing before they restricted the speed? I am going out to the restricted speed clown race in October I’m buying this engine for a local (Massachusetts) race in November

Offline Richard Entwhistle 823412

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 02:20:55 PM »
  $150.00 for a TZ set up for clown racing is a super good price.  If I didn't have two already I would jump on it myself.  My TZs are 6 to 8 mph faster than my Rossi.  The Rossi is a big heavy motor and required a much stouter and heaver plane.  It also gets a better lap count per tank than my TZs and  starts first flip every time, hot or cold.  The heaver Clown also is easier to whip to the pits if there is a wind.  So far my Rossi has won more than my TZs
    A lot of times having the "most" motor doesn't win the race.  When I was drag racing Pro Stock type cars my Sonny Lenard monster motor (1486 hp) didn't take home the Prize very often.  Being able to drive, tune and setting up the car counts for a lot as far as winning more than one pass.
   If you buy the TZ mount it on a good Clown and practice a whole lot.  Just having the fastest Clown doesn't win many races.
   As a side note I once asked Steve Schmit, who was a big hitter in Pro Stock at the time how much was the motor and how much was the car in winning.  He thought for a moment or two and said "Everybody buys their car from one of two builder so the cars are about even so I would say the motor is about 98% but you better know how to drive or it doesn't count for anything."

Later
Richard
Richard Entwhistle 823412
Scappoose OR

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
lol, Being the fastest has served me well but, like Rich alluded to, if your plane is fast you have to be fast too. 1/2 lap landings and 3-5 sec pit stops will get you there. At certain speeds pit stops don't matter anymore (I have charts).

Motorman 8)

Can you send me some pictures of it and where to PayPal the money

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here