News:

• April 16, 2024, 04:39:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windancer Models "Playboy"  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Windancer Models "Playboy"
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:34:31 AM »
Just received my new 'Playboy" kit from Windancer Models. Bill Sawyer has done an outstanding job with this kit. Wood selection is top notch, as is the laser cutting. The hand cut and molded parts are flawless. The kit came with an extensive construction booklet that includes building illustrations. The CAD plans done by Larry Cunningham are very complete. Lotsa little goodies in the kit too, like self stick sandpaper. A decent hardware pack is included that includes the leadout guide and metal engine mount pads. And of course, a perfect Bill Sawyer clear canopy is there too. This is a lot of kit for under $200 shipped.
 I was not familiar with the Playboy at all and bought it because I liked the picture Bill uses in the Playboy ad. This will be my first I-beam model and, with features such as the laser locked ribs, should be a breeze to build straight and true.
 I feel comfortable recommending this kit just based on what I see in the box. It's a top shelf kit to be ranked right up there with Kits by Walter Umland and BlueSky Models. And that's saying something!
Great job, Bill! Keep it up.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Windancer Models "Playboy"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
HI Clint,

I am sure of the quality of your kit due to one thing:  I received a "seconds" *kit* from Bill.  All parts that he would not normally sell to customers.  The fact is, the *Seconds* are plenty good enough to build a great model airplane from!  This one I will build in the short future.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Windancer Models "Playboy"
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:37:49 PM »
I got one of the first run of the kit when Bill first made the kit.  It is so gorgeous I hate to build it.  Really waiting on the shop so I can have room to build it.  Would love to have one just to put on the shelf while I build this one, but,  $$$$$ is little short.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here