News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: walter umland Kell Profile kit  (Read 2623 times)

Offline dennis lipsett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
walter umland Kell Profile kit
« on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »
This is a new not advertised offering from Walt. He had the plans on his website and as I always liked the model I started bothering Walt about when was he going to make it available. He had a pretty full plate but I guess either my charming personality or whining persistence paid off and I was informed that he had made my kit.
This is a truly exceptional kit with really some of the most exceptional wood that I've ever seen in a kit. Really it is up to the highest standards. The plans are well drawn and the parts match is perfect.There is no instruction manual but key points are noted and described on the plans. the building is straight forward and you should have no problem building this model
Granted I haven't started it yet but will be very shortly. If your looking for something just a little different, and I happen to really like anhedral stabs, your going to be hard pressed to get a better offering then this newest from Walt
Dennis
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:02:20 PM by dennis lipsett »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: walter umland Miss Kell Profile kit
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »
I am surprised Walter did the kit.   RSM Dist.  has a kit of the Miss Kell.  I bought one at VSC last year.  I even asked Bob if his daughter had changed in appearance.   He showed me a picture of one gorgeous lady.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
Re: Profile Kell kit
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:56 AM »
I am surprised Walter did the kit RSM Dist.  has a kit of the Miss Kell.  I bought one at VSC last year.  I even asked Bob if his daughter had changed in appearance.   He showed me a picture of one gorgeous lady.   H^^

Hi Doc,

I spoke with both RSM & Bob W. just before the Miss Kell was kitted and both had no problem with me doing a profile version of the M.K. and in our discussion of the name, we named it the "Profile Kell" which is what was agreed upon.

All my advertising calls it the "Profile Kell", so it seems Dennis may have inadvertently added the "Miss" part in by error.

That could be why we have received very little interested parties for this one; I don't know for sure but seems  maybe a different name might be in order or maybe a much clearer clarification that this is not the actual builtup classic eligable Miss Kell which I really don't.

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: walter umland Kell Profile kit
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
You should have seen Bob's face when I asked him to autograph the plans of the Miss Kell RSM Kit.   Next time I am on the site will look at the plans.   Have not worked in the ISW for several days.  I also have not followed the sequence in construction in some places.  Had to use a grinder on the motor mount crutch.  Should have cut the motor mounts before gluing to the balsa core.  So far it is coming out great for me.  Oh I also had to make a new stab/elevator as I put a wire joiner in instead of a elevator horn.  I have the one finished wrong sitting on the shelf to remind me to pay attention.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here