News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ukey 40 build  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Tom Dugan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Ukey 40 build
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:26:46 AM »
I am coming back to control line after 25 years away.  Thanks to the several forums available, I was able to bring myself back up to speed on the current "state" of control line.  I had several kits and engines left from years ago but felt that I would be best to try one of the ARC/ARF kits available.   I posted the question about an easy to build kit that would fly well.  It also needed to be very durable and easy to repair.  My query led me to the Ukey built by Jim Pearson of Marietta, GA.  ModelWings@aol.com  . Another good source of info about the Ukey is the Workshop section of the Tulsa Glue Dobbers website http:// http://www.tulsacl.com/WorkUkey.html .  You will find it extremely informative and suggests some flight and durability improvements

There are 3 levels of Ukey...15, 35 and 40.  The 35 seems to be the more popular version and from what Im told, works  well the the newly popular OS 20FP.  Since I dont have a 20 FP, I opted for the 40 version (isn't bigger better?).  I will run an Enya 29 initially.  If more power is needed then I have an Enya 35 I can move up to.  I like the Enya, had them for years and they never let me down.  After all this Ukey will be my re-entry into the sport, so I wanted an engine I was comfortable with while I work on keeping the nose out of the dirt while I try to loop again.

I have lots of pictures.  It has been my plan to post this thread to help others that are begining again.  I also wanted to post as a kind of payback to those who helped me find this very nice kit.  Their help and generosity is appreciated.

I may need to post in several parts because of all the pictures I have.

1.  As you can see the kit comes boxed and packed very well.

2.  All the parts.  You will only need epooxy, engine, tank and some time.

Continued in part 2

Offline PERRY OHAL

• 2013 Supporter
  • New Pilot
Re: Ukey 40 build
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:01 PM »
you sure made yur point and i want to get one of those Ukey.
both sites ar enot accurate.
any other source where i can find it?

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
Re: Ukey 40 build
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 05:55:22 PM »
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Advertise Here
Tags: