News:

• April 26, 2024, 05:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Robin's View Productions DVD's  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Robin's View Productions DVD's
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »
I wanted to share my appreciation for Bob Hunt's Robins View Prouctions" DVD's, of which I have now accumulated 4 titles.  First off there is the solid production values and logicial progression.  The scripting becomes evident when you watch the Disk on "Lost Foam Wings" as Bob takes you along on the step by meticulous step on how to build these wings.

A totally different building technique is presented in "How to Build I-Beam Wings with Bill Werwage".  Not sure that anyone else built as many I-Beams as Bill, nor for as long a peiod of time.  Having just built my first I-Beam I WISH I had picked up this DVD a few months earlier!

So how many I-beams did Bill Werwage build?  here's a clue, many of them still exist and are discussed in "The Man and His Museum, The Fabulous C/L Stunt Models of Bill Werwage"  This time Bob has Bill showcasing some 40 years of his designs.  Bill presents them in a chronological order, and rather than just showing off the bird, Bill shares his thinking in the context of the times that the airplanes were built.  As he describes the models (many of which still fly regularly) it is easy to tell which are still his favorites, and in some cases which ones still perplex him!

In a similar vein, I got Bob's "Stunt Flyer Video Magazine" Volume 1 No. 3 because of the segment titled "John Davis Collection".  I got a kick out of John (we lost him much too soon) showing off and discussing several of the really classic airplanes he had including the Mackey Hummingbird & Carousel, the Ballerina 3, the straight wing version of the Stuntliner, and (from a much later era) Johns own Arrow with Retracts.  There are also segments on Mike Spedaliere's "Transparent (covering) Techniques" and Dean Pappas does some engine port timing mods.

Depending on the topic, Robin's View Productions DVD's provide solid "how to" methodology or a sentimental journey into the rich history of C/L Stunt.  They are well made by an enthusiast, and I heartily recommend them.

Bob continues to expand the the DVD (and other products) offering, I think I'll have to make some more room on the DVD shelf!

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here