News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:05:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Robin's View Foam Wing Service  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Steve Kocher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Robin's View Foam Wing Service
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »
I received my order of a set of foam wings and stabilizer/elevator for the Steve Buso designed Jaguar from Bob Hunt at Robin's View Productions yesterday.  Bob's craftsmanship is magnificent.  I highly recommend his services.

The order arrived in less than a week.  There was a huge box sitting on the door step when I arrived home.  I picked it up and it weighted almost nothing.  There was nothing in there but foam.  My foam wing and tail sections were carefully protected by foam "peanuts".  Bob did a wonderful job of packing and FedEx delivered the box in pristine condition.

I ordered the wings with the fully rounded leading edge and a set leading edge bucks for molding the balsa leading edge caps, as Bob recommends.  I have constructed several foam wing airplanes, but I have never used the leading edge caps.  I am looking forward to it.

Bob's prices and list of services can be found in the Vendor's Corner of this forum (http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?board=43.0).

Steve.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:56:26 PM by Steve Kocher »
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Robin's View Foam Wing Service
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:20:36 PM »
Bob's products are as good as they get.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:44:32 PM »
Its funny that this was posted right now as I have just finished watching Bob's lost foam wing construction DVD for the umpteenth time! LOL  If anyone out there is even remotely interested in this technique....ORDER THE DVD!!  Very good info for building wings wether you are doing the lost foam or not. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
Its funny that this was posted right now as I have just finished watching Bob's lost foam wing construction DVD for the umpteenth time! LOL  If anyone out there is even remotely interested in this technique....ORDER THE DVD!!  Very good info for building wings wether you are doing the lost foam or not. H^^

HI Glenn,

I have truly been blessed in a LOT of ways. ;D

When I was writing the Products column for Stunt News, Bob was just coming out with the "Lost Foam System".  I got a "Geo" Saturn set up to review.  I could actually build EVERY plane from here on out using that system!  I have a few different ones, including the "second" one cut for the Geo Bolt (I understand, long story!).  The wing I built from the Geo Saturn bucks is the wing in the plane I have been using in CLPA for the past 15 years.  That says something!  (and not just the fact I need to build a new plane for myself LOL!)  WE have built 4 or 5 wings using Bob's Lost Foam system, and there are more in the Que.

Dead solid perfect built wing every time!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
Ordered many projects from Bob, all arrive in perfect condition and are as good as you could possibly hope.
Superb, flawless workmanship. You cannot buy better.

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »

Steve, what engine do you plan to use?  Come to Baton Rouge and fly with us..
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here