News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rimfire spark plugs.  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Jim Kraft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • AMA78415
Rimfire spark plugs.
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »
I have been having trouble with the Champion (new old) plugs in my ign. engines. After about 50 years the seals don't seem to hold up to well and the center electrode seems to come loose. Soooo! I found the Rimfire web site and ordered a couple of their V plugs to run in my Anderson Spitfire. I do not have a lot of time on them yet, but so far they way outperform every other plug I have tried. My Anderson will four stroke through almost the whole pattern with the timer set 2 notches from full advanced and has gobs of power. I also have most of the back side of the ventura blocked off as the plane was speeding up to much when the nose was pulled up. If you are into spark ign., you might want to give them a try. They also have the 1/4-32 plugs that I have used for years. The V plugs at this time are 20$ each and about 1$ for postage. Give them a try.  http://sparkplugs.morrisonandmarvin.com/
Jim Kraft

Offline gwassenaar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Re: Rimfire spark plugs.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:50 AM »
Jim, I only saw your thread today. I have an Anderson Spitfire .60 that I cannot get going.

Two questions please:

1. how much advance ,in degrees ,  are your two clicks from TDC?
2. Do you hand start( flicking) ?

On my engine I cannot get the breaker points to open at TDC. The best I can do is 30 degrees before TDC.
That is with the setting lever full to the right, standing before the prop. I am fully stumped. The engine wil pop and sputter but will not continue running at starting.

I did order the V plugs from Rimfire, just to get rid of the Champion now fitted in the engine. I hope that will help some.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here