News:

• April 19, 2024, 10:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 25 LA-S  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Glen Wearden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
OS 25 LA-S
« on: April 10, 2007, 04:45:50 PM »
In a moment of weakness, I ordered a 25 LA-S, and ran it for the first time, today.  I have it mounted in a profile Smoothie, with a uniflow tank using muffler pressure, GMA 10/22 (50-50) fuel and a Zinger 9-5 prop.  Filled the tank, flipped it 4 times with finger over the venturi, two flips with open venturi, hooked up the battery -- first flip start.  I leaned it out to a 2 cycle and then backed off to a hot 4.  What a beautiful running engine!  Gonna fly it rich, tomorrow.  Will report.......Glen
Glen Wearden

Offline Glen Wearden

• Commander
Re: OS 25 LA-S
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »
Took the Smoothie with the 25LA-S out Wednesday.  Don't think that engine likes a hard uniflow tank; awful run, richened  up so bad the plane barely stayed out on the lines.  This morning, I put it in modified Flite Streak that I want to use for practice and used a Hayes 3oz tank with muffler pressure.  Ran it in the back yard with good results.  Hopefully, it will run just as good in the air.  Beginning to really like those clunk tanks........Glen
Glen Wearden

Offline Chris Brainard

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
Re: OS 25 LA-S
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 06:06:34 PM »
My LA .25 runs great on uniflow, possibly because I'm using a home made venturi with .250" bore. Plenty of power using an APC 10 x 4 prop, 10/22 fuel and factory muffler (lightened a bunch by grinding off the fins, removing center bolt and gluing back together with J-B Weld). Flies my Fancy Pants effortlessly. A really nice engine.
Chris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here