News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Drill Jig by Jim Lee  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Mike Greb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Drill Jig by Jim Lee
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »
I bought a Drill Jig  from Jim Lee that fit the OS40VF,Ro-jett 60-76 , and PA 40-65 engine mounting pattern.    It has a clamp bar on the back side to hold the jig in place when drilling.  It is quite usefull on some of the ARF and ARC models that have the mounts spaced out to the point that there is very little edge distance between the holes and the side of the mounts.  When using these jigs, be carefull to hold the drill straight, or the holes  in the jig will get  elongated.

Offline Peter Hess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Re: Drill Jig by Jim Lee
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »
I bought and have used one of Jim's drill guides for the OS 35-40 FP and LA 46.  It cost $22 plus $4 shipping.  As is typical of Jim's products it is well thought out and beautifully made.  Delivery was very quick.  I find it very useful and recommend it to anyone who, as I do, needs all the help he can get in drilling accurate mounting holes.

I have discovered that the drill guide for the  40 FP, etc., matches the mounting hole pattern for the Brodak 40 and for the Magnum 40 GP as well.

In addition to using the drill guide to accurately locate mounting holes I intend to use it as part of a jig for constructing engine crutches.  I will, however, have to measure the case width on the Brodak 40 and the Magnum 40 GP to determine whether the drill guide can be used as is in making crutches for those engines.

Peter Hess
Canton, CT
AMA 485070

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here