News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CadClassics Plans  (Read 1312 times)

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
CadClassics Plans
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:24:53 AM »
   I just love to collect and look at plans. Everything from P-nut scale free flight to scale R/C sailplanes are in my collection. A set of plans , to me, are like a painting done on canvas. Each artist has a style and a way of presenting the subject. Designers and draftsmen are the same way in my opinion. I can tell a Zaic design from a mile away, or a DelGatto drawing. I've even drawn up a set or two in my time! So consequently, in this modern day and age, I haven't been a big fan of CAD drawings because they just looked so drab and almost all looked the same. Recently, I have gotten a set of plans for Gordon Delaney's twin Pathfinder from John Miller, and I was really impressed with the layout and presentation of the drawings. I have know John for a long time, going back to when he was first going to school for CAD design and drafting, so I knew he was into it. From the results I have seen, he must have paid real close attention in class! These are some of the best CAD drawings I have seen. Most CAD drawings I have seen in my experience have been kind of drab, boring and difficult to read with all lines the same weight. John's plans are much more traditional, well laid out and easy to read. A person should have no trouble building a model from them even without any written instruction. But even if you are like me, and you spend more time looking at them than building from them, you'll enjoy that a lot more also! y1
    Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
  Florissant, MO
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here