News:

• March 28, 2024, 12:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X47 Flyers  (Read 5199 times)

Offline Bill Hodges

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
X47 Flyers
« on: August 10, 2006, 01:37:39 PM »
We are the X47 Flyers (AMA Charter 4300).  We fly at the Flagler County Airport which is located on Highway 100 about three miles east of Bunnell, Florida and just off I95 (about twenty miles north of Daytona Beach).

We are a small group and are always happy to have new members.  Dues are $20.00 per year.  We normally fly on Sunday mornings but we have use of the site at any time.  Proof of current AMA membership is required of all flyers as per our agreement with the airport management.  No alcohol is allowed on the site.  Currently, all of our members are stunt flyers but we have no problem with other CL disciplines. 

We also host the King Orange International stunt contest each year.

Contact information is as follows:
    Bill Hodges, Club President
    Home 386 445-2238
    Cell 386 931-2445
    clpahodges@aol.com

Don Thibault
    904 824-7238

If you would like to visit or join up, get in touch with one of us and we will make arrangements to meet you at the gate and let you in (yes the airport is now fenced and locked).

Give us a shout!!

Bill H.

Bill Hodges
AMA 12450

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: X47 Flyers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »
Does Sterling Hart ever come out and fly with you guys?
Steve

Offline Bill Hodges

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 12:12:30 PM »
Steve:

Sterling has not been out in a year or so.  I think his work and family life keeps him pretty busy.  Hope he will be back out soon.

Bill H.
Bill Hodges
AMA 12450

Offline Bill Hodges

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 04:58:23 PM »
Just an update to the info about the X47 Flyers.

We no longer fly at the Flagler County Airport.  The airport is going "controlled" and the new control tower is being built right in the middle of circle #2.  No more non full scale activities allowed.

We now have a permanent home about 6 miles west of St. Augustine.  It is called the "Field of Dreams" Control Line Model Airpark.  The site is on CR 208 about 1/2 miles west of SR16 (very near the intersection of SR16 and I95).  We currently have two grass circles and an RC runway (there are two of us who indulge in RC).  The site is directly behind the Stagecoach RV Park and was made possible by Joe and Laurie Petty who own the RV park.  Joe is also a member/flyer in our club.

Beginning in  January 2011, the site will be the location of the King Orange Internationals which is hosted by our club.

We welcome guests.  We do require that you have proof of current AMA or MAAC membership and follow our club's field safety rules.  Control line flying does take precedence over RC.  Guests staying in the Stagecoach RV Park have unlimited use of the site.  Other guests are limited to four days per calendar year not counting special events.
If you do a search on Google Earth, the Lat/Lon is 29.55.03N and 81.25.19W.  The current photo was taken before we developed the site and only shows an open pasture.

If you would like to stay in the RV park and fly with us and visit the area, I suggest that you call ahead and reserve a spot.  This is a very nice park and it gets full most nights.  You must have a motor home or camper trailer.  No tent camping allowed.  The phone number is 904 824-2319 and the website address is www.stagecoachrv.net.  The nation's oldest city, St. Augustine, is only 6 miles to the east and there are two outlet malls within 1 mile.

My home phone number is now 904 797-5079 and my email is clpahodges@aol.com.

Come see us.

Bill Hodges
X47 Flyers
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:41:49 AM by Bill Hodges »
Bill Hodges
AMA 12450

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here