News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Valley Circle Burners - Los Angeles County, CA  (Read 7047 times)

Online Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Valley Circle Burners - Los Angeles County, CA
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »
Flying is done at the Sepulveda Recreation area, nestled in the corner of the 405 and 101 freeways.  Entrance is on Woodley Avenue, about half way betweenBurbank and Victory Blvds.  Facilities for Control-line include a large paved area with two circles, and two other circles across a ditch and through a fence.  Great weather! Always open!

Sadly, meetings are at random.  President is Jerry Silver
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
Re: Valley Circle Burners - Los Angeles County, CA
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
               I am the new president of the Valley Circle Burners and we now have a website;

http://www.faiclsocal.info/VCB/index.htm

Just added more pictures from the sixties and more contest results .              
           We hold three C/L stunt contest a year and one funfly swap meet . Come fly with us at the Sepulveda Basin in LA.

Bill Barber
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:47:12 AM by Bill Barber »
AMA 325076

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:36:28 PM »
Hi Jerry;

Back in the late 60's eary 70's I flew with a club in So Cal named the Barnstormers. I flew mostly at Whittier Narrows, but did fly at Sepulveda basin on occasion; usually at contests hosted by the Circle Burners; I actually took a third in stunt once. I was also active with the SCCA (Southern California Control-line Association) and was wondering if that, or the Barnstormers still exist.

After giving up C/L in '72 or there abouts, I have just taken it back up. From time to time I get back to LA (I now live just North of Fresno) to visit kids and grand kids. I was wondering about the rules regarding who can fly at the basin. I thought it would be fun to build a few 1/2A planes and see of the grand kids had any interest. Would they be allow to fly there? I've rejoined the AMA (even got my old number back; 55421) but of course the kids would not be members.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Brian Massey
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:18:42 AM »
      Hi Brian , bring your grand kids anytime to the basin , usually the weekend mornings are the busiest  but you can meet some good people .  We welcome new flyer's and there are no rules restricting who can  fly , but just control line on the circles . I don't believe that the Barnstormers or SCCA stll exist .
      Cheers , Bill Barber
   Valley Circle Burners
AMA 325076

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »
    We have added more pictures and technical topics to the Valley Circle burners web site .

Cheers,   Bill Barber
AMA 325076

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 07:28:37 PM »
Is the sepluvida basin the field that is like . GET OFF the 405 going south at victoy make a right onto victory a left on I think woodly and half way down the block take a left that goes into or thru the parl tilol you pass the golf course..or something close to that ?

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 11:25:32 PM »
    Jim you are partially correct except headed south you make a right off of Woodley to get to the field . The Apollo flying field is west of Woodley , check our website it has a map and an aerial view of the circles .

Bill Barber
AMA 325076

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here