News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ringmaster Twin II  (Read 3378 times)

Offline pat king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
Ringmaster Twin II
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
I am now selling kits for the Ringmaster Twin II. #^  The airplane has a 54 1/2" wingspan, 508 square inches of wing area for .15 to .20 engines. The laser cut kits do not include control system parts. The CAD plans have full scale templates of all the parts. The kits are $112.00 shipping and insurance included.
Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Ringmaster Twin II
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 02:09:47 PM »
Hello Pat    -    This plane kind of grows on you.      In the picture are those 20's on it ?????    I have several good Fox .25s,  the bolt on venture  style,  would those be too much for it ???????

Dalton
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 07:59:41 PM »
Dalton,

The aircraft shown is mine and was built as Pats prototype. The engines are 2 Fox 15BB coffin cased. This was an exciting model to fly and it is probably one of the most consistent performers that I  had. It was admittedly a little faster than a single engined model but it was one of the easiest models to fly. It really didn't need much to trim it either.
Now the bad part is about 60 flights later I was doing the inverted laps and the outside engine quit. The inverted landing was rough on it, Asphalt circles are like that on models. It needs work. I'll get to it sometime.
 if you have 2 unused LA 15 engines laying around collecting dust then this is the one twin you should visit.

Dennis

Offline pat king

• Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 06:03:52 AM »
Dalton,
With a pair of .25 size engines you should place the CG at 10% MAC and use it as a practice ship for Rat Racing. 508 square inched with a pair of 25's would be VERY FAST!

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here